About the role and about You:
Our backend stack is built using technologies serving a single instance virtual world with thousands of concurrent users worldwide. It is a heterogeneous stack, but most building blocks are built with Java. We maximize tools from Amazon AWS to enable our architecture to scale. We are constantly modifying the software, adding and improving features and making changes to accommodate the increased load that comes with growth. All changes must happen with no disruption to the service; this requires a detailed monitoring platform, a great level of automation in tests (functional, load and performance, etc), release deployment orchestration.
You will be part of a high-performance team, full of supportive and experienced developers. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including teammates from our engineering, product, design, operations, and support disciplines. You will interact with them to find the best alternatives to build our backend APIs and accelerate Zwift's engineers. We are looking for someone comfortable in this highly collaborative environment, working with ambiguity, and continuously looking to proactively make improvements, to build a world-class experience for our Zwifters.
What you’ll do:
- Bring your domain expertise of backend development to build things cross-functionally with your teammates using agile processes
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Collaborate on scalability issues
- Partner with other engineers through code reviews, technical discussions, and pair programming
- Collaborate on SRE culture and practices
- Take part in your team’s technical planning
- Participate in the interview process
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area, with 3 years of experience or more as a Backend Engineer
- Have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job (interviews will be conducted in English)
- Team player, always contribute to a climate where people are motivated to do their best
- Practical experience and knowledge of agile methodologies
- Enthusiasm for cycling, fitness, and/or Zwift
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Transparency in Coverage:
Health plan price transparency is designed to help consumers know the cost of covered items or healthcare-related services prior to the date upon which they receive care. Transparency in Coverage (TIC) regulations require health insurers and group health plans to create machine readable files (MRFs) that contain the negotiated rates for in-network providers and allowed amounts derived from historical claims for out-of-network providers and make those files publicly available.
Here is the link to the site on which Kaiser Permanente posts its in-network and out-of-network allowed amount machine-readable files (MRFs).
Here is the link to the site on which Anthem posts its in-network and out-of-network allowed amount machine-readable files (MRFs). The link will allow you to search for your files using your Employer Identification Number (81-2798595)