As Senior Developer, you'll report to our Tech Lead and Director of Technology to nurture passionate engineers to create next-generation software solutions for Threads. Psychological safety is at the very heart of who we are. We work in Agile squads who are open and value continuous improvement and sharing knowledge.
We are integrating our client and internal systems to create a next-generation solution to help us to lead in luxury chat-based commerce. We believe what we're creating will set a new path for chat commerce in the fashion industry, and retail overall.
This role is open to Developers who are looking for their 1st Senior opportunity, or Senior Developers looking for a new challenge! We can discuss this at the phone screen stage.
Check out the progression path for this role here.
We are open to flexible working, please ask us at the interview stage.
- Contribute to one or several projects at all stages of their life cycle, not just the technical stages
- Be involved in problem discovery and product development
- Nurture the team through development, mentorship, and bringing in new talent
- Design systems and solutions, writing code, automated tests and deployment
- Learn new technologies and bring this knowledge to the team
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure products are developed on time with high quality, delivering value to customers
- Expert knowledge in developing services and API's using Node.js
- Core knowledge of Node.js modules and npm packages
- Expert knowledge of React development patterns and related tools
- A good working knowledge of architectural concepts like event driven development, caching, microservices, CDNs and concurrency.
- Experience as a technical leader, guiding technical direction, implementation choices, coding styles and the establishment of best practices
At Threads, we always aim to use the best tool for the job. Today’s stack includes, but isn’t limited to: TypeScript, Node.js, Postgres, Koa, React, React Native, Next.js, GraphQL, Docker, Terraform, and AWS.
Our Benefits (many from day 1!):
- Vitality at Work + Private Medical Insurance plans
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Staff discounts
- Enhanced Parent Program + Parental Leave
- The Inclusive Threads DE&I Program
- 25 Days Holiday
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible working
- Long service awards
- Mentorship & Coaching
- 12 weeks Leadership programme
Want to help build the future of luxury fashion commerce? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Threads is a fast-growing luxury fashion personal shopping and commerce business. Through social and chat-based media, we inspire our international client base to discover the rarest luxury items. We then search the globe to procure them for our clients; this is the future of retail.
Threads is in Tech City’s Future Fifty programme which recognises some of the UK’s fastest-growing businesses, pioneering the best luxury shopping experience in the world!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, and have committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We are working towards improved employment practices to ensure those with disabilities receive full and fair consideration for all types of vacancies as well as for training, career development and promotion. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities. Apply now