As a Data Analyst, you will help drive measurement, strategy, and tactical decision-making within GetYourGuide. You will solve problems that could range from forecasting customers’ lifetime value, optimise our bidding strategies in ad networks or measure the incrementality of our different marketing channels.
With 700+ employees from 72 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Analytics department's mission is to enable the organisation to take action based on data. We work on a variety of problems and datasets as members of cross-functional mission teams. We take ownership of the entire analytics funnel from exploration through recommendations to impact measurement and take pride in the insights we generate.
In the Marketing Analytics team, our main mission is to support the GetYourGuide’s marketing teams optimise their ad spend and efforts in order to match our customers' needs for incredible experiences. Our objective is that all our marketing channels work together in serving the right message to the right customer at the right time, through data-driven decisions and strategies..
- Develop quantitative analysis to drive marketing decisions
- Explore large datasets, give meaning to data and numbers, identify opportunities and issues, and present findings to stakeholders
- Help marketing teams frame hypotheses and turn them into experiments. Own the measurement part of those.
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports to hold teams accountable.
- Support the technical teams in tracking and producing more insightful data.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience interpreting data in an analytics, data science or business intelligence role
- Strong knowledge of SQL and knowledge of Python.
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Looker, Jupyter Notebooks)
- Curiosity, reasoning skills with proven evidence of problem solving.
- Ability to understand user behavior and meaning behind the numbers
- Desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction and with highly engaged individuals
- Great communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience within marketing or marketing analytics is a plus.
- Previous experience working with agile product teams is a plus.
- Familiarity with ETL technologies like Airflow is a plus.
- Experience with big data tools (e.g. Spark, Hive) is a plus.
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- A highly data-driven marketing organization that pioneers new and innovative solutions
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation assistance and visa support
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via [email protected] The recruiter for this role is Stephen Rose.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we’re using to change the way the world travels. Apply now