DIGITAL WAYS TO A CLEANER WORLD
Do you want to work for a company with Irish roots and a global impact? A leader in environmental services, AMCS is a trailblazing software company that guides and supports other businesses on their journey towards sustainability.
AMCS leads the way
The AMCS team is at the cutting edge of technology. Companies come to AMCS to achieve their sustainability strategies as we help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and work in a more environmentally conscious way. AMCS has created digital ways to a cleaner world.
What we do
AMCS is a global leader for integrated software and vehicle technology for the environmental services industry. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting over 5,000 customers in 23 countries. AMCS employs over 1350 people across 22 countries, headquartered in Ireland with offices in North America, Europe and Australia.
AMCS offers team members more than just a job, but an opportunity to map out a career with a company that is growing, evolving and setting out new ways of working that are having a positive impact on the world around us. AMCS was established in Ireland and holds onto those local roots and ‘start-up’ mentality with a culture of connection. Connection to our work, our customers, our colleagues and our community that creates a working environment that fosters openness, collaboration and creativity.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Director, Business Development to work with our North American Sales & Marketing teams
The role will help identify new customers to understand their business challenges and clearly communicate what solutions AMCS can offer to resolve those issues. We are now looking for a motivated and talented person to lead our newly established BDR team. As the leader of this team you will play an integral role in the continued growth and ambition of AMCS. The key focus of this role is to be responsible for leading and growing a world class Sales Development team. You will directly manage and coach a team of currently 8 BDRs, who prospect both inbound and outbound opportunities across multiple markets to build the pipeline to support our growth ambitions. In addition, you will be highly collaborative with other Sales Managers in North America to help enable best practice sharing and build a consistent, yet localized, approach to lead generation.
The successful candidate will join a thriving team and will, as a key team member, be driving the next phase of growth. You will work closely with the existing sales & marketing team on a coordinated approach to maximize success for AMCS and drive market share across North America.
This is a key role for us and newly established within AMCS, there is ample opportunity to influence the shape of the role. We also have a strong history of understanding our team members’ career motivations and supporting their growth in AMCS both in parallel teams and in new growth markets.
- Manage and grow the BDR team, including hiring, onboarding, and ongoing development
- Own BDR sales metrics and performance metrics and provide regular feedback to sales leadership
- Work with vertical Sector leaders to ensure the BDRs are meeting their vertical specific needs
- Develop a strong understanding of sales and marketing tools (Salesforce, SalesLoft, Zoominfo, Sales navigator), optimal usage, and how they integrate with one another
- Support sales leadership and BDRs to build an effective outbound process, including prospect list building, outbound campaigns, sales training and developing their career path
· Work with the sales & marketing teams to drive opportunity and revenue generation.
· Establish growth and development of existing AMCS customer base.
· Bring in real opportunities based on BANT Qualifications (Budget, Authority, Need & Timeline)
· Significant experience in new business sales ideally in Application SaaS Software
· Experience of successfully selling ERP Software
· Experience of business development/sales processes, including , pre-sales, demonstrations, etc.
· A demonstrable understanding of the application development life cycle from envisioning to solution implementation
· Strong strategic account planning, reporting and coordinating skills, knowing how and when to draw on pre-sales support and other assistance from within the team.
· A clear and demonstrable track record of sales with achievement of at least 3 out of the last 4 years on/exceeding target.
· Desirably educated to BA/BEng/BSc Hons degree level with a strong academic record or equivalent.
· Native-level fluency in spoken and written English
We are looking for high energy, motivated and solution-oriented people with a passion for prospecting. You are a strong communicator, enjoy interacting with other people and build relationships easily. You thrive in a high-paced and dynamic environment, work well with others and love a good challenge.
- Experience managing BDR teams, ideally with a B2B SaaS focus, and preferably where the potential prospects are willing to proceed with a total business transformation.
- Your prospect are typically Director Level or above of the target organization
- A strong people leader - you will have experience developing teams of BDRs, often in the early stages of their career looking for direction, mentoring and motivation
- You have a head for numbers - you are comfortable diving into the metrics and identifying insights to improve the individual, team and overall revenue contribution
- You have experience with onboarding and training, to ensure you are developing team members knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis
- Great people skills - you need to be able to motivate and lead your team through the highs and lows of a sales environment
- Strong communication skills - you will need to present to your team and other teams, including the Leadership team, on a regular basis