Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such as Allianz, ING, and Vodafone* design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation.
Annually recognized by Deloitte among top high-growth companies, Camunda operates as a global, remote-first organization.
The Optimize team is responsible for building the Business Intelligence component of the Camunda Stack. Optimize leverages Elasticsearch to import and store data collected during process execution, enabling users to create reports, share process intelligence, analyze bottlenecks, and examine areas for improvement within a business.
We are a cross-functional and diverse team, collaborating together to build a product that serves our customers in both self-managed and cloud environments. As a team, we are passionate about code quality, knowledge sharing and collaborating together to build the features that bring value to our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join the team to help us design and implement new user-facing features within Optimize, as well as improve its functionality and performance as we scale to support an ever increasing volume of process execution data.
This is a remote role and can be based anywhere within 2 hours +- of Central European Time (CET).
What you'll do:
- Further development and improvement of our business intelligence product, Camunda Optimize
- Working with our Product Manager to define and implement features that bring value to our customers
- Identifying areas of improvement within the codebase and development process, and driving forward the changes required to address them
- Helping us continue improving the reliability, stability, and security of our project
- Supporting customers and the community to use and interact with our project
What you’ll bring along:
- 5+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer, preferably working with Java or another JVM language
- Experience working with Spring and/or Spring Boot
- Ambition and drive, understand and own an established codebase that solves complex business problems
- Strong analytical problem-solving and root-causing skills with attention to detail and consistency
- More than just caring about development, also caring about how to deploy and operate software
- Willingness to work in a remote-first setup
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with the following: Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Maven
- Is comfortable designing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Enjoys sharing knowledge and learnings with and beyond the team
- A passion for clean code and a skill for writing automated tests to maintain a quality codebase and product
What we have to offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- A 4.4 rating on Glassdoor. Read some feedback of our current and previous employees here.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage unlimited, paid flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values, performance reviews, and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- All Camunda employees are offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law.
We are looking forward to your application! If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/. Apply now