As an engineer in our data infrastructure team, your mission is making sure we have a great platform to manage data in our production systems. You will work with systems affecting the whole engineering organization. The team makes sure we have effective ways to move data from one service to another, store data short and long term and transform data to suitable formats for later consumption by our data teams.
GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
We act as "engineers for the engineers," helping others understand and leverage the architecture and platform underlying their features. Making it easy to set up, connect to and own data systems is our call to action. We strive for stable, secure systems while at the same time providing room for fast experimentation. We are using a modern container-based service architecture. We use technologies such as AWS, Linux, Kafka, Airflow, MySQL and Postgres.
- Build and scale our cloud-based data infrastructure and help align it with the rest of our production infrastructure
- Build and improve our developer tooling around databases and other data infrastructure.
- Ensure high availability of key data systems including taking on-call responsibility.
- Actively drive initiatives towards better system design and implementation of new technologies.
- Be responsible for roles and permissions regarding our data, backup/restore solutions and similar tooling.
- Champion our data engineering culture and help the engineering organisation understand how to.
Who you are:
- Experience setting up and managing at least 1 one of the data technologies: databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL), workflow management (Airflow).
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience operating infrastructure on AWS.
- Proficient coding skills in at least one modern programming language. We use Java and Spring framework for backend development and VueJS for frontend development. Having worked with backend databases (directly or via ORM) is nice to have.
- Experience developing in-house tooling by integrating different systems and APIs is nice to have.
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English.
- You enjoy solving problems using open source solutions, or even better if you are actively contributing to open source projects.
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Create a comfortable workspace at home with an annual home office budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Fridays
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life on our blog. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]