We are a young company growing fast. Our vision is to be the embedded payments leader, , enabling any software platform to become a payments business. We deliver a complete digital payments service which our customers embed in their software via our API-first platform.
Modulr is a variable recurring revenue business, our equivalent of ARR is ATR (annualised transaction revenue – typically with a contracted minimum service fee level) and we track many of the KPIs used in the SaaS industry.
We are looking for a Sales enablement Manager to equip the sales teams with the content, guidance, and training they need to effectively engage buyers.
This is a new role at Modulr and will play a key part in scaling the sales organisation. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high-growth environment with a mandate to drive new processes within a fast-paced and collaborative culture where you will have access to the latest technologies.
The sales enablement manager will report to the chief sales officer, but also work closely with the revenue operations team, part of the finance department.
What you will be doing...
- Work closely with the sales team at all levels to become a trusted partner in helping them become a top class team
- Manage (but not necessarily create) pipeline sales collateral, working with collateral owners in Product and Marketing teams to ensure it is up to date and appropriate to Modulr’s tone of voice
- Manage sales collateral tools that Modulr may choose to use to manage sharing of content with customers
- Work with the product and compliance teams to ensure customer facing technical documentation is appropriate tone of voice
Training – Modulr product
- Our initial training focus is for newer quota carrying executives to ensure they are fully equipped to go into the field with a core understanding of our (complex) product
- Product training encompasses technical product (European payments 101, accounts, card schemes, payments types, regional variations) regulation and compliance (our compliance processes dependent on customer contract type, regulation and regulatory authorities), and our contract types (which depend on whether we are processing just customer money, or the payments of our customers’ customers)
- Our goal is to have a sales certification test which all account executives must pass to ensure they are going into the field with the appropriate knowledge base
Training – sales effectiveness
- Sales development training, in conjunction with external training firms if appropriate
- Modulr is not yet at a scale where it is training account executives from scratch. It typically hires people with some existing expertise or promotes from the inside sales team or occasionally elsewhere within the firm. The Inside Sales director has an SDR training programme so the focus for this role is to develop account executives where there is no formal programme today
- Regularly review individuals’ CRM metrics for each sales rep and assist in mentoring and nudging best CRM reporting behaviour
- Running assessments and reviewing data to ensure proficiency based on competency needs related to various sales roles
- Creating and maintain Sales playbooks based on seller feedback and market/product demands
- Owning and developing the sales enablement strategy and roadmap based on the competitive landscape, customer needs and our products
Who you are...
We want driven, empathetic, inquisitive people who think that solving customer’s problems with innovative solutions delivers the customer immense value. We want people who need to win, people who embrace the rapid changes in selling we are seeing in a post-pandemic, digital selling environment.
- 4+ years’ experience in Sales Enablement / Sales / Sales Training
- Within a recurring revenue / SaaS environment
- Experience rolling out Sales enablement programs at scale
- Salesforce.com CRM experience
- Experience with learning management and sales enablement software
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Highly organised and skilled at project management
- Ability to collaborate with many different teams and personalities
- Strategic, data-driven thinker
- Familiarity with adult learning theory, training content design and B2B selling
- High attention to detail and a strategic mindset
Align to our values...
We believe in The Modulr Way. Our Modulites work to:
- Build the extraordinary: Ambition and commitment
- Own the opportunity: Ownership and accountability
- Move at pace: Performance and quality
- Achieve it together: Honesty and respect
We look to build great things, collaboratively and collectively, and every Modulite is empowered to drive their own contribution.
- Flexible benefits, from a variety of benefits choose which suit your lifestyle and needs
- 33 days holiday, choose which days you take off to relax or spend time with loved ones
- Birthday off, because we care about you
- Learning Opportunities, enhance your career through our learning channels and platforms
- Modulr hands-on, join your colleagues for our company wide events
Life at Modulr
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), some might be in Edinburgh, London, Dublin, or Amsterdam. We are a challenging organisation but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow, we want you to be with us along the journey if you believe in it. Our culture and values are putting you first.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms.