We're disrupting the insurance industry with our SaaS platform Renew, which insurers use to build mathematical models to make complex pricing decisions, modelling the answer to questions such as:
- What are the chances that SpaceX's next launch will fail?; and
- What are the chances of Harry Styles cancelling his sell-out tour?
Renew is self-serve - allowing insurance professionals to login to our development platform and build their models in a faster, more accurate way, enabling users to reduce the industry-standard time to deployment. Our clients are deploying and creating 30 models in a year, whereas our competitors are lucky to deploy 2 models in the same period of time.
The impact of this to a company putting $1B of GWP through our platform equates to an extra £20M profit per annum, and some clients have $15B+ of GWP!
Renew is now being considered as “Mission Critical” by our customers - not just a ‘nice to have’ - and are signing multi-year, seven-figure partnerships. This is pushing us closer to realising our ambition of becoming a $1bn valued software company through new client acquisition and growth - something we are on track to hit in the next few years!
With our product now making waves throughout the industry, we need a Solution Consultant to work closely with our prospects in unlocking the value our platform can bring to their organisations, transforming their operational and financial performance. In this pivotal role reporting into the VP of Global Sales, you will help speed up our sales cycles and allow our clients to confidently sign-off multi-year, multi-million pound investments.
Sales @ hx
The hx Sales team had an immensely successful 2022 - doubling both our number of clients and our revenue. Our client base now includes Aviva, Convex, Canopius, Aegis, Inigo and one of the "Big 5" US insurers. Having first established our Sales and Marketing teams in 2021, we've achieved a huge amount in only one year and this is testament to our product and its market fit.
Enterprise sales at hx is high-touch – requiring the winning over of multiple stakeholders over a long period of time.
As a Solution Consultant, you will be leading our clients on the journey of discovering how Renew can play a fundamental role in their attempts at innovating. You will help as well as guiding them through our engaging sales journey, highlighting both the business value that we deliver and how far away our closest competitors are from offering anything close.
Note: hx is still a relatively early-stage business, and our culture prizes initiative highly. As such this section is a good indicator of your role, but the list isn’t exhaustive. The right candidates will seize the opportunity to build and grow their own portfolio of prospects and customers.
- Running and owning prospect workshops and driving business value metrics from the workshops
- Business Value Analysis
- Creating Business Value reports off the back of the workshops
- Helping to develop and own ROI Calculators to feed into the Business Case
- Custodian of M1 Metrics - customer and industry
- Generating supporting Sales Materials for use across the Sales Team
- Working with Enablement to ensure that the sales team is following the happy path and understand the optimum sales path.
- Supporting partners in live opportunities
- Help enablement of partners (from a sales perspective - not delivery)
- Providing input to Sales Playbooks (which will be owned by Product Marketing moving forwards)
- Liaising with pre-sales team for Demonstrations & POCs
If you're the right fit for this role, you will be able to show clear evidence that you are:
- A self-starter with the ability to own / drive their own initiatives and those of the business.
- Someone who delivers on commitments - sets yourself ambitious goals and achieves them
- Team player who likes to work in a fast, challenging and yet rewarding environment. We win and fail as a team
- Highly data-driven and results-oriented
- Unwaveringly enthusiastic - because being first to do this in an industry can be challenging!!
- A good listener - someone who can take on feedback and respond to what the audience wants
- Organised and a good planner - able to manage engagements with multiple stakeholders in parallel
- Inquisitive - understand our clients and the business so that you can help and guide them.
- Persistent and confident in your approach (but without ever being arrogant!)
Experience and skills
- Insurance background, with understanding of the typical Target Operating Model of an insurer, and where Pricing drives value for the client
- Previous client facing responsibilities with a track record of presenting to a broad audience, running/facilitating workshops and playing back findings to senior stakeholders
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + very staff-friendly EMI share options
- £5,000 for individual and group training and conference budget
- 25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holiday days (33 in total)
- Company pension scheme via Penfold
- Mental health and therapy provision via Spectrum.life
- Individual wellbeing allowance via
- Private healthcare insurance through Vitality
- Top-spec equipment (laptop, screens, mechanical keyboards, etc)
- Regular remote hackathons, lunch & learns, socials and games nights
- Team breakfasts and lunches, snacks, drinks fridge, fun office @ The Ministry
- Huge opportunity for personal development and mastery as we grow together!
Diversity @ hx
We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity. We’re a talented and high-energy, but low-ego and kind team who believes that the more inclusive we are, the better our work and culture is. We are not yet where we want to be in terms of balance, but it is our mission to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and we are working hard towards that goal.
If you like the sound of this role but you’re not totally sure whether you’re the right fit – please apply anyway and we’ll let you know either way. Remember: you miss every shot you don’t take!Apply now