We are looking for an experienced Senior Director Accounting & Corporate Controlling to lead the further professionalization of Camunda’s accounting & reporting, payroll & expense, tax and sales order functions. In this role, you will build and manage high performing remote-first teams who are covering Camunda’s 4 legal entities in Germany, US, UK and Singapore. You will establish and implement the vision for the accounting functions in alignment with the company strategies.and act as global Corporate Controller for Camunda while acting in alignment with our FAITH values.
- You lead, develop and build out the accounting (GL, AR, AP), payroll and sales order management teams
- You own audit, tax, corporate controls, expense policies and treasury
- You build scalable, reliable accounting and reporting process and know-how to optimize Camunda’s recent full IFRS reporting transition
- You lead all aspects of accounting operations including month-end close and annual audit and oversee the development, implementation and ongoing management of technical accounting policies, procedures and controls in the core accounting, external reporting and accounting operation area
- You collaborate with the teams on optimizing system setups (Netsuite etc.), workflows and integrations
- You manage and collaborate with external auditors an deliver a clean audit in a timely manner
- You manage external advisors, banks and service providers
- You are responsible for establishing compliant yet user-friendly accounting & spend controls, workflows and policies to ensure appropriate governance for all Camunda entities and global staff
- You manage treasury and bank relationships, implementing strategies to reduce cash flow risk while improving working capital management and global cash management (cashpool etc.)
- You oversee payroll and provide recommendations to streamline and optimize it, including the selection of payroll systems
- You serve as the point of contact for internal inquiries and approval requests (e.g. payment terms, credit risk etc.)
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent experience
- CPA and Big 4 Accounting experience highly preferred
- 10+ years in management and leadership roles with proven experience leading or being a key contributor to impactful organizational changes
- Experience in leading a team of managers and contributors in a remote, international setting in a high-growth software company (enterprise software / SaaS a plus)
- Excellent technical accounting skills and IFRS knowledge
- Experience working across international entities (incl. global tax structures); experience with a US Inc and a German GmbH (statutory German GAAP) a plus.
- Ability to work with accounting software tools - experience with NetSuite and G Suite applications preferred; experience utilizing accounting tools such as FloQast, Avalara, Chargebee, Stripe etc. a plus
- Proven experience with establishing risks and controls standards, business process and system best practises
- Experience with public company preparation and/or leading a publicly traded company's accounting function a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, allowing you to effectively communicate across various levels of Camunda business partners, executive management, customers and external partners etc.
- You possess outstanding leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor, and develop a diverse team by creating an inclusive environment. Ability to empathetically motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- You bring attention to detail, analytical thinking, time management, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- You bring motivation, ambition and drive to build and have an impact.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Who is Camunda?
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such as Allianz, ING, and Vodafone* design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation.
Annually recognized by Deloitte among top high-growth companies, Camunda operates as a global, remote-first organization.
What we have to offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Social interactions are important to us! Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values; quarterly performance reviews and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- We understand that our employees contribute immeasurably to Camunda’s success: to allow employees to benefit from that success, every Camunda employee is offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!Apply now