Cobalt harnesses the transformative power of automation to elevate standards of physical safety and security in the workplace. We strive to eradicate mundane, repetitive tasks and empower people to do what they love. Eliminating these time-consuming tasks means workplace teams can focus on serving employees with empathy.
Would you like to be a part of this journey?
Cobalt’s team is changing the way companies approach workplace safety and security. Today, Cobalt robots are responding to alarms, conducting site safety checks and greeting visitors in hundreds of locations across the globe. Our proven robotics platform integrates smoothly into workplace culture and delivers a memorable user experience.
We need your help to take us to the next level.
What You’ll Do at Cobalt
- Design and implement backend platforms for web interfaces and our fleet of robots
- Improve performance and reliability of our backend APIs and infrastructure
- Architect infrastructure deployment and replication models for IoT devices
- Scale our infrastructure to support our growing fleet of robots, customers, and internal human operators
- Think critically about cloud infrastructure security risks
- Lead by example, setting standards for best practices
- Conduct design reviews and solicit input across multiple teams
- Collaborate on tough, interdisciplinary problems in our deep tech stack
- Proficient with Python
- Experienced with Django or a similar web framework
- Passionate about delivering quality products
- Eager to collaborate with, mentor, and learn from your peers through code reviews, design docs, and pairing
- Someone who loves diving into many different areas
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with backend resilience / stability / SRE improvements
- Experience with performance improvements of databases and APIs
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience with AWS and DevOps
- Experience with networking and security
- Experience as a full-stack engineer
- A rapidly-growing startup with more than 150 robots deployed to paying customers across the globe
- A remote-first (>80% remote) but highly-collaborative working environment where you will be interacting with other engineers to solve immediate problems and guide long-term development
- A friendly, inviting team where everyone is welcome and questions are encouraged
- Regularly hosting lunch and learns and robotics discussion groups for the team
- Committed to kindness, respect, and inclusivity: Our team is built of people from many different cultures, perspectives, experiences, and walks of life.
- Named one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times
- Frontend: Typescript, React (hooks), Redux, Apollo, SCSS, RxJS
- Backend: Python, Django, Docker, GraphQL, Postgres, Redis, Uvicorn, AWS, Datadog, Terraform
- Robot: ROS (Python/C++), Ansible, Ubuntu Linux, Hardware
Interested? Apply now!
Questions? Want to have a conversation about the role? Reach out to Nick Merrill on LinkedIn.
Curious to see the robot? Check out our YouTube.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.