Do you want to work for a company with Irish roots and a global impact? A leader in environmental services, AMCS (Advanced Manufacturing Control Systems) is a trailblazing software company that guides and supports other businesses on their journey towards sustainability.
AMCS leads the way
The AMCS team is at the forefront of technology. Companies come to AMCS to achieve their sustainability strategies as we help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and work in a more environmentally conscious way. AMCS has created digital ways to a cleaner world.
What we do
AMCS is a global leader for integrated software and vehicle technology for the environmental services industry. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting over 5000 customers in 23 countries. AMCS employs over 1200 people across 22 countries, headquartered in Ireland with offices in North America, Europe, Australia & Asia
AMCS offers team members more than just a job, but an opportunity to map out a career with a company that is growing, evolving, and setting out new ways of working that are having a positive impact on the world around us. AMCS was established in Ireland and holds onto those local roots and ‘start-up’ mentality with a culture of connection. Connection to our work, our customers, our colleagues, and our community that creates a working environment that fosters openness, collaboration, and creativity.
AMCS Group has an immediate opening for an Enterprise Data Architect/Scientist. A qualified candidate must have (10+) years of technical experience analyzing system requirements and implementing migration methods for existing data. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience with migrating mission critical databases across multiple database platforms, aggregating data, and must be comfortable developing database solutions to ensure the clients information is stored effectively and securely for our customers.
Lead data architectural discussions and design exercises to build and automate large scale data systems focusing on long-term storage, performance across operational queries, schema migration to datamarts and data warehouses, and securely accessible both internally and externally.
· Architect, design and oversee the development of the database mapping, development, and migration processes
· Optimize new and current database systems
· Ensures data integrity and security
· Plan and design the processes for data migration to ensure data integrity and completeness and preserve security.
· Recommend acceptance and review of other team designs.
· 10+ years of relevant experience performing duties outlined above with progressive responsibility.
· Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Migration specialist or similar role
· In-depth understanding of database migration principles
· Experience with migration, designing, and access to mission critical databases across multiple database platforms
· Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
· Expertise in SQL, Oracle, Snowflake, NoSQL, Cosmos, or similar database standard
· Familiarity with data visualization tools
· Proven analytical skills
· Must have structured design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures
· Must be able to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers
· Must have strong organizational and prioritization skills
· Must demonstrate critical attention to detail and deadlines
· Must be able to adapt to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment
· Must have professional appearance, behaviour, and client facing consulting experience
Additional Qualifications Required:
· Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in computer science, information systems, Mathematics, MIS or related field
· Must have experience working with Scrum and Agile Development methods
· Must have strong Oral and Written Communication skills
Must have strong experience working within Teams
· Must have Excellent Customer Relationship Management skills
· The selected candidate will be required to undergo a successful background check before starting the project
· Public Trust Clearance must be obtained - An active/recent FAA PIV card is a plus
· Only Direct Hires (No recruiting or staffing firms’ submissions will be considered)
What are some of the benefits of working at AMCS?
- Generous remuneration package
- Interactive employee training and onboarding
- Full Health Insurance
- Flexible working options
- Life Assurance (x4 times your annual salary)
- 25 days holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Work in an environment that is truly collaborative, innovative, and supportive.
- Have a clear pathway for your progression
- Amazing colleagues to learn from and enjoy company sport and social outings, parties, and events
- Make an impact and be part of digital ways to a cleaner world.