We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our “Human Task Orchestration” Team. Together with this remote, cross-functional team you will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and operation of Camunda Platform 8 Human Task Orchestration use-case which includes a Form Builder, a Form Renderer, and a Tasklist application.
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in EMEA.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Contribute and improve how our users can build Human Task Orchestration solutions powered by our Form Builder and Tasklist
Understand, develop, and own the Java Backend of the Camunda Tasklist application
Be empowered to drive the design, and implementation of new features
Collaborate with Product Management, and other Engineers during scoping, implementation, and review of changes
Contribute towards a great developer-experience, e.g., by automating deployment, or monitoring processes
Discuss and propose architecture changes which improve the fundamentals of our solution
Be empowered to make your own decisions while getting help and input of your teammates at the same time
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a Java Backend Engineer in a professional software application development environment
Ability and/or willingness to use our product
Finished a technical Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar (Mathematics, Business Informatics, etc.)
Ability to work in a remote environment following an incremental approach: use written communication for regular status updates and capturing key decisions, deliver work results in small iterations (within days)
Motivation drive your changes along the entire process including scoping, solution design, implementation, testing, review, deployment, and operation
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Who Is Camunda?
Camunda is the leader in process orchestration software. Our software helps orchestrate complex business processes that span people, systems, and devices. With Camunda, business users collaborate with developers to model and automate end-to-end processes using BPMN-powered flowcharts that run with the speed, scale, and resiliency required to compete in today’s digital-first world. Hundreds of enterprises such as Allianz, ING, and Vodafone design, automate, and improve mission-critical business processes with Camunda to drive digital transformation.
Annually recognized by Deloitte among top high-growth companies, Camunda operates as a global, remote-first organization.
What We Have to Offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you!
- If you like working from an office space, we have our modern and collaborative hubs (Berlin, Dallas & Denver) or you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage unlimited, paid flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2021, we rented out a whole island in Croatia. Find out more about the annual retreat here.
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values, performance reviews, and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- All Camunda employees are offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!Apply now