As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer, you will be working on developing best in class software products for our travel marketplace. Currently, we are in a strong growth phase and are working on building world-class travel e-commerce products to help us scale and serve millions of customers. If you are interested in contributing to the success of a web platform that is used by millions of travelers around the world then keep on reading!
GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
Marketplace owns the mobile and web platforms of GetYourGuide. We aim to deliver an amazing customer journey through great user interfaces and rigorous A/B testing. Our goal is to build an unbeatable e-commerce site and seamless booking experience for our users.
We’re organized in cross-functional mission teams, which are composed of frontend, backend, native apps, and data engineers, along with product managers and designers.
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, designers and analysts
- Help to enable your mission team to iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- Mentor other team members and be involved with hiring
- On BE we use Java, PHP and Python
Ideally, you have...
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Highly proficient with Java, PHP or Python
- Experience with A/B testing, hypothesis building and best practices
- Experience designing architecture and deployment of complex websites
- Experience with writing unit or end to end tests
- Ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of frameworks and toolchains such as Node.js, Vue.js or similar component based Frontend application frameworks
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Create a comfortable workspace at home with an annual home office budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Relocation assistance and visa support
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below. The recruiter for this role is Ram Manoharan.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life on our blog. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]