Modulr is a fintech scale-up that is breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations, and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that’s breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
The first line Risk & Compliance function executes processes to mitigate risks to Modulr as they relate to Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing, Fraud, Sanctions and other Financial Crime risks (such as Anti-bribery & Corruption). The Financial Crime Manager will be responsible for leading and managing a team within Financial Crime Operations which includes disciplines such as Transaction Monitoring, Fraud, Screening and Client Oversight. As a team in phase of growth, this is a great opportunity for someone to help shape and deliver a market leading proposition. The ability to deliver through effective operational management, stakeholder engagement and clear reporting, while taking an analytical approach to changing complexities, are key factors for success in the role.
Day to day tasks include:
- Operational management / planning
- Training & Quality Assurance management
- Reviewing and assessing client monitoring outcomes
- Providing Investigations oversight
- Policy & Procedure reviews alongside the relevant regulations
- Regular reporting
- Stakeholder management
- You’re passionate about protecting the business, whilst also supporting rapid growth.
- You are an experienced leader, enabling teams to deliver effectively and to a high quality.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever’s required to achieve the goals of the compliance team and wider business.
- You’re excited about the prospect of taking ownership of compliance processes, whilst ensuring that they evolve so that the compliance programme continues to be aligned to the business’s growth plans.
- You’re structured and organised, able to handle the competing pressures of immediate compliance tasks and investigations alongside longer term projects.
- You’re analytical and can assess risks and define appropriate controls based on these, communicating the links, effectiveness, and any potential gaps clearly to others.
- You have an inquisitive mind and proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and sharing your ideas about how we can improve.
- You’ve a strong interest in FinTech and financial crime.
Skills and experience we’re interested in;
- Previous experience managing operational delivery teams.
- Experience in training & quality assurance.
- Previous management of multiple stakeholders to aid effective delivery of service.
- Experience reporting and presenting to Senior Management.
- You should have an understanding of the regulatory landscape Modulr operate in.
- Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of measures, controls and procedures put in place to ensure compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Experience maintaining and implementing effective processes, whilst ensuring the correct risk parameters are applied. Defining these processes, setting out the optimal way to achieve goals and embedding tools and procedures to achieve them.
- Relevant qualifications and professional certifications.
In addition to a market leading salary we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working