GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
The Communications team at GetYourGuide is responsible for enabling us to tell our stories of discovery, innovation and growth to build our brand and reputation globally. Through crisp messaging and well-executed, integrated campaigns, we engage experience operators, industry experts and other stakeholders around the world to help us unlock unforgettable experiences for travelers.
As Head of Global Communications, you will help us develop our brand awareness and reputation with partners, industry and other corporate stakeholders by crafting strategic stories with the leadership team and telling them through high value touchpoints with journalists, publications, trade media, conferences and other high reach and authoritative media. You will report to the CMO and work extensively with the co-founder and CEO.
You have the experience to think and act strategically as we construct our messaging and develop connections with media and industry partners. As the geographic and strategic scope of the company evolves, you are able to establish and manage a top notch internal team that can adapt as we scale as well as a strong network of agencies that help us deliver against constantly changing opportunities. But ultimately, delivering results is at the core of everything you do.
- Deliver on communications objectives: Create the strategic and operational KPI framework with the CMO and deliver on quarterly and yearly targets aligned with the executive team that support our ambition to dramatically grow our brand awareness and reputation in several key markets. Regularly review our strategic comms priorities and executional success and learnings with leadership.
- Establish a strong, global function: Hire and develop a global team of communications experts over time. Own agency selection, performance and costs. Establish and continually refine our people, process and platform for comms that allow us to execute our messaging and manage our brand reputation effectively at a larger and larger scale across a wider set of markets.
- Coach and collaborate: Manage C-suite stakeholders and key leaders in the organization, providing feedback to improve delivery and taking input to refine messaging and audience targeting. Work closely with key stakeholders in Brand and Supply to develop opportunities and keep alignment of messaging.
Who you are
- 10+ years of communications and media relations experience, including 5+ with personnel and budgeting responsibilities
- Must have worked in-house (experience in a high-growth technology organization is an advantage)
- Concrete examples of developing and executing successful communications strategies and campaigns, especially for B2B, industry, financial and other corporate stakeholders.
- Experience managing company executives through complex and/or high-stakes situations involving reputation or policy risk.
- Demonstrated ability to create concise and clear briefs, customize messaging, and communicate calmly under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work with key stakeholders across the company in the executive team, marketing, HR and operations.
- Respected by colleagues
- Aligned with GetYourGuide’s core values
- Passionate about our mission and our brand
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Create a comfortable workspace at home with an annual home office budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below. Check out how we hire for tips and visibility into our process and check out life at GetYourGuide. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].
We are an equal-opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.