At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
Domino is assembling a world-class Solutions team dedicated to furthering our mission to unleash the power of data science. Our platform supports our customers' crucial Data Science projects such as vaccine research, identifying a cure for cancer, and protecting endangered species. Solution Architects play a vital role in both pre-sales and post-sales customer engagements. You will be joining a growing team that is part of a strategic initiative to expand our solution architecture advisory services, with an opportunity to shape the direction of the organization.
What your impact will be
Solutions Architects will join us in tackling cutting-edge problems such as provisioning Kubernetes clusters, crafting and deploying highly-available services for dynamic cluster orchestration, and figuring out how to automate it all from scratch in a reproducible, reliable manner. You will work closely with many parts of the organization such as Sales, Deploys, Field, and application Engineering to ensure they can function frictionlessly and achieve their goals. We’re looking for senior candidates with strong professional experience working as consultants prior to joining our team. The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, demonstrating a “can-do” attitude, flexibility and resiliency.
What we look for in this role
- Previous customer-facing consulting experience 5+ years of solutions architecture experience or experience working as a solutions engineer working with cloud IaaS technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, Openshift
- Experience with containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Superior Communication & Documentation Skills
- Infrastructure and configuration automation (Terraform, Helm, CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with the Linux ecosystem (Ubuntu, RHEL)
- Strong troubleshooting skills (Networking, Storage, Logs, Ticket/Bug Triage)
- Server Administration/Scripting experience (Shell, Python)
What we value
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible. At Domino, everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company
Based on pay transparency guidelines, a reasonable expectation for the salary range for this role is $133,000-179,000 USD Annually. Information on our competitive total rewards package, including our benefits can be found here. Individual salaries are determined by evaluating a variety of factors including geography, cost of labor, experience, skills, education, and internal equity.