Modulr is a fintech scale-up that’s breaking new ground within the business payments sector – which moves $130trn annually. And businesses are no longer tolerating the slow, inefficient and costly infrastructure provided by legacy institutions. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first services to enable modern business to eliminate historic hidden inefficiencies and build fast-to-market products on top of our award-winning payments platform.
The first line Financial Crime function executes processes to mitigate risks to Modulr as they relate to Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing, Fraud, Sanctions and other Financial Crime risks (such as Anti-bribery & Corruption). This role sits within our Customer Due Diligence team and will be responsible for ensuring clients we designate as partners (and who will provide Emoney services to their onward clients typically under our licence) are operating Financial Crime Systems and controls to the required standards. Overisght will include regular meetings to data and business intelligence, sample checking and analysis and investigations work collaborating with internal stakeholders. Strong communication and engagement skills will be essential.
As we’re a small team, this is a hands-on role; you’ll need to be comfortable getting into the detail and be happy to suggest improvements.
Day to day tasks include:
- Conducting Customer Due Diligence refreshes
- Customer Due Diligence sampling
- Monthly MI reporting on client usage, including customer engagement calls
- Performing annual Partner Audits
- Overseeing remediation of compliance findings
- Co-ordinating Financial Crime investigations into client activity
- Keeping abreast of related industry trends and themes
- Stakeholder Engagement (Internal and External)
- Modulr ranked 18 on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Startups List in UK
- We were recently awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product
- Four years old, we have offices in London, Edinburgh and Dublin
- We have processed over 15 million transactions with a value of £18 billion of business payments to date, averaging 1.4 million transactions per month
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that’s breaking new ground within the payments sector. We are in a digital age when businesses need to move money 24/7 instead of operating within regular banking hours. Companies are under mounting pressure to manage their cashflow, control their costs, comply with regulations and handle complex supplier, customer and employment payment arrangements. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first solutions that enable businesses to overcome these challenges and take control of their money.
- You’re passionate about protecting the business, whilst also supporting rapid growth.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever’s required to achieve the goals of the compliance team and wider business.
- You have experience with the understanding and implementation of company AML and CTF policies and procedures adopting a risk based approach to ensure controls are proportionate and relevant to the business in question
- You have experience with onboarding and/or oversight activities for businesses operating in multiple sectors
- You will be comfortable engaging with and guiding partners on their activity and actions required to comply with regulations
- You’re structured and organised, able to handle the competing pressures of immediate compliance tasks and investigations alongside longer term projects.
- You’re comfortable working in an early-stage business, where time is critical, and things change frequently.
- You’re analytical and can assess risks and define appropriate controls based on these, communicating the links, effectiveness and any potential gaps clearly to others.
- You’re excited about the prospect of taking ownership of compliance processes, whilst ensuring that they evolve so that the compliance programme continues to be aligned to the business’s growth plans.
- You’ve a strong interest in FinTech and financial crime.
Skills and experience we’re interested in;
- You should have a general understanding of the regulatory landscape Modulr operates in.
- Responsibility for undertaking day to day Financial Crime tasks and prioritising these accordingly.
- Ability to engage and assess the risks a partner faces and ensure orientate yourself to the type and nature of their business
- Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of measures, controls and procedures put in place to ensure they address financial crime risks and are proportionate and sustainable to their business model.
- Strong communication skills with experience in customer-facing engagement.
- Intermediate Excel skills to support analysis and reporting.
- Relevant qualifications and professional certifications.
In addition to a market leading salary we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Share incentive, choose how you invest into our share scheme
- Company Bonus, the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Flexible benefits, from a variety of benefits choose which suit your lifestyle and needs
- 34 days holiday, choose which days you take off to relax or spend time with loved ones
- Birthday and well-being days off, because we care about you
- Learning Opportunities, enhance your career through our learning channels and platforms
- Modulr hands-on, join your colleagues for our company wide events