Hi, we’re Nexthink. We’re not just the leader in the digital employee experience category, we invented the category. Our solutions combine real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints to help IT teams delight people at work. Our cloud-native platform pinpoints issues and solutions, automates response, and helps companies continuously improve their employees’ experience, making them more productive, efficient, and happy at work. We have millions of endpoints deployed, we’ve surpassed $100M in ARR, and we’ve recently secured $180M in Series D financing for a company valuation of $1.1B, but we’re just getting started.
The Data Flow team works with various internal components and services that feed the core functionality of the Nexthink product. For example, they integrate data received from endpoint devices, making it available to other product services for further analysis and processing to get insights into the digital employee experience.
Join a small team of diverse and experienced engineers that has a complete understanding of the components they build or use. The team wholly owns the components built by the team, right from the requirements and design phase through implementation, validation, and deployment (though there is a dedicated Operations team that handles the production environments). You’ll be part of a group that embraces DevOps and CICD principles, tries to automate everything it can, cares for code quality and maintainability, and works together to build a world-class cloud platform with modern technologies and practices.
We are an established Company with a well-developed product, but we keep a startup spirit. We grow and develop our product very fast. There are so many things we can bring to the world and such a big room to grow!
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer, you will:
· Work with existing data pipelines, enriching it and bringing more value to the customers.
· Finds way to improve the existing pipelines, with the freedom to implement very local changes, but also to propose and implement the full redesign of existing pipelines.
· Design, implement, validate and deliver cloud-native microservices for a highly-scalable cloud-native SaaS platform.
· Play an important role in developing the next generation of our Data Platform, and help us in our journey to become a cloud-only company.
· Participate in all stages of software development and collaborate with different teams, from ideation to final delivery.
· Help the team maintain the high code quality standards and improve best practices.
· Work with the agile iterative/incremental mindset.
· Be open-minded to learn new technologies and programming languages when needed.
· Drive complex projects with minimal oversight, delivering features iteratively.
· Minimum 7 years of experience in software development.
· Strong experience with scalable software architecture: microservices, APIs (e.g., REST, gRPC), container deployment (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Istio) and messaging architectures (e.g., Kafka). Concrete experience with Kafka and Kafka streams is a plus.
· Passion for and experience in building resilient, secure and scalable services.
· Experience with public cloud providers, preferably AWS.
· Very solid knowledge of core Java (other programming languages are a plus), including how to deal with multithreading issues.
· Solid experience with Spring or Micronaut.
· Experience with relational databases (Postgres and ClickHouse). NoSQL datastores is a plus.
· Familiarity with Jenkins, Git, and with configuration management systems like Terraform.
· Experience working in an Agile environment, excellent communication and teamwork skills.
· Ability to take ownership over tasks, work with specification, work closely together with Product Managers and other teams, and chase information when necessary.
We are 900+ employees strong in 21 countries across 8 different time zones speaking 60+ languages. We are positive, we get things done, we keep growing, and we are one team, we are Nexthink. We believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.