Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
About the Opportunity
The Workflow team at Salsify builds the collaboration core of the Salsify platform. Workflow is the versatile, powerful, and indispensable system of work that allows brands and retailers to manage cross-functional processes and monitor the progress of teams' tasks. Using Workflow increases teams’ efficiency and speeds up the go-to-market process by centralizing content enrichment and sourcing; with Workflow, organizations need fewer sync meetings and email chains and can keep their teams productive, no matter where they’re working.
As a member of the Workflow engineering team, you will be empowered to learn new technologies and best practices. You will be entrusted to innovate and constantly improve our products in order to deliver a platform our customers love to use. You will see the results of your efforts on our platform every day and grow with the company. We deeply value our engineering culture. We emphasize trust, mentorship and collaboration. We care about building the right thing, the right way, and having fun while we do it. Every member of our team has the freedom and responsibility to make Salsify a great place to work.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Build and ship production-grade software that drives core user experiences, with a highly visible impact on the product and its end users
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product, design, and engineering to define incremental, cost-effective solutions to business problems
- Help to ensure our software has a rational architecture that scales, and proactively minimize risk to the long-term performance of the software by contributing to our technical strategy and product roadmap
- Work with our customer success organization to recommend solutions to resolve customers’ and partners’ technical issues
- Work directly with independent software vendor partners and collaborate with our ecosystem solutions group to enable our partners to extend the Salsify platform to bring new and creative solutions to customers
- Collaborate with teams in our Platform Engineering group on shared initiatives, and promote new and better approaches to engineering and exchange ideas via tech talks and group meetings
- Be proud of what you work on, and contribute to the success of an exciting and fast-growing Boston-based company with global customers
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
Engineers applying for this position should have experience in some of the following:
- Building consumer-facing applications in a SaaS or product-based company
- Building an extensible, developer-friendly platform
- Collaborating with frontline technical support and account managers to enable customers and partners
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Modern frameworks, build tools, and testing tools
- Some libraries and tools we use in our day-to-day work include: Jenkins, Apache Kafka, Apache Avro, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Redis
- Service monitoring, observability, and application performance management (New Relic, pganalyze)
- Designing software with ease of use and consistency of experience in mind, and a desire to create delightful experiences
- 2+ years of technical engineering leadership experience
- Demonstrated prior success as a Senior Software Engineer
- A command of one or more server-side languages (most of our back-end was built with Ruby)
- An interest in exchanging ideas around building robust, secure, maintainable software
- A desire to build strong relationships, collaborate with others, and make the best possible decisions while ensuring that everyone's voice is heard
- Comfort providing and receiving feedback on implementation ideas
If you’re worried about checking all of the boxes, don’t be! We encourage you to apply or reach out to [email protected] with questions!
What We Have for You:
- Competitive Salary
- 401 (k)
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company provided Life Insurance and Short Term Disability as well as additional voluntary insurance elections
- FSA: Medical, Commuter, and Dependent Care
- HSA: Tax-advantaged Medical Savings Account
- 16 Week Paid Maternity & 10 Week Paid Parental Leave Program
- Referral Bonuses
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on the job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
A member of Talent '[email protected]' will be reaching out about next steps if we would like to move forward.
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.
An Inclusive Place To Work
Salsify does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Studies have found that people of color and women do not apply to jobs if they do not meet all the requirements. At Salsify we are committed to empowering a diverse workforce. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Salsify is committed to an inclusive hiring process, and we aim to provide accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you need any accommodations for the application or throughout the interview process please contact [email protected].