Core skills: Customer Success, Account Management, Communication, Video Technology, Customer Retention, Customer Expansion, SaaS.
Bitmovin is a global Series-C SaaS scale-up that provides award-winning video streaming technology to world-renowned brands including Disney+, Discovery+, BBC, Red Bull Media House, Hulu, fuboTV, and The New York Times, to name just a few.
Our solution suite consists of a Video Encoder, Player, and Analytics platform, enabling content owners to redefine the viewer experience through API-based workflow optimization, fast turnaround, and scalability. Innovations include the first commercial HTML5 MPEG-DASH.
“We are constantly seeking out forward thinking individuals who
want to shape the future of video… come and work with us!”
Stefan Lederer, CEO
At Bitmovin we value cognitive diversity and the huge part this plays in not only creating a global culture second to none, but in how this underpins our ability to create truly representative, Emmy award winning products. Diversity in all its forms is encouraged and celebrated at Bitmovin; everyone has a role to play in helping us shape the future of video.
As Bitmovin’s Customer Success Manager (CSM), you will work alongside our Enterprise customers to manage the post-sale experience. CSMs at Bitmovin are customer advocates, working cross-functionally to ensure adoption, retention, and (yes) success for their customers. This role goes beyond just renewals and upsells—it's about thinking like the customer—understanding their goals, and clearing the way for them to succeed. Your engagement with the customer, product knowledge, organizational skills, plus copious empathy ensures the customer feels seen, heard and thoroughly looked after.
You will maintain a deep understanding of our product portfolio, and together with the sales and solutions leads, present relevant features/functionality tailored to the customer’s unique business needs. Success means you achieve your retention goal for your book of business. You will accomplish this by fostering strong relationships, demonstrating the value our products and services provide the customer via regular business reviews, and being a staunch advocate for the customer within Bitmovin.
This is an opportunity that offers you:
- The chance to lead engagements with our largest strategic and growth customers in the Americas.
- The autonomy to use your “obsession with the customer” to enhance customer satisfaction, retention and expansion.
- The opportunity to blend your high-level account management, customer success and Technical Account management skills.
- The flexibility to innovate and bring forward best in class ideas to help develop the customer success mindset at Bitmovin.
- Exposure to one of the industries most exciting scale-up environments and a whole host of exciting benefits.
You will make an impact that matters by:
- Onboarding customers to facilitate a soft landing + set the tone for their experience with Bitmovin
- Determine success criteria for the customer project, and develop a success plan to deliver against
- Manage/oversee the customer life cycle: Onboarding, maintenance, and sunset
- Conduct regular account reviews (QBRs) to provide a comprehensive and historical overview of the account including past (what’s happened so far?), present (where are we today?), and future (where are we going?)
- Monitor usage over time, Identifying and reporting on patterns and trends that affect the customers' experience
- Facilitate discussion around new products and enhancements to educate and drive expansion opportunities, looping in technical and/or sales resources when needed
- Monitor progress of customer issues, escalate as needed
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with stakeholders in your account portfolio
- Work cross-functionally to resolve customer business issues
- Create sales collateral including pricing schemes, usage analyses, etc.
- Conduct account health checks
What can you bring
- A background in Customer Success / Account Management, servicing Enterprise Accounts in the Video Streaming industry
- Solid understanding of online streaming, digital workflows and high technical products.
- Communicates effectively, listens sensitively, adapts communication to audience and fosters effective communication with others
- Creative, with an ability to develop new insights into situations, question the status quo and encourage new ideas.
- Resilience and tenacity
- Strong time management skills – ability to prioritize projects and deliver against tight time scales.
- Proactive customer advocate and accomplished problem solving skills
- Knowledge of cloud computing and the SaaS business structure.
You don’t have experience with all the points above? Don’t worry, we will support you with learning, training, and coaching on the job.
Life at Bitmovin
Find out more about us on our Careers Page
See what fellow Bitmovers are saying on LinkedIn
Check the employee reviews on Glassdoor
For all of our roles, we are willing to discuss flexible working arrangements to support everyone’s unique circumstances. Apply now