ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (250+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 12 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Descartes Underwriting is seeking a Junior Marketing Project Manager - CDD to join our Marketing & Communications Team. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing & Communications, you will be a key contributor to deployment and improvement of our digital and growth marketing strategy. The person in this role will be in close collaboration with different business units and play a vital role in the following activities:
- Support SEO management of our website - tracking of keyword KPIs and page positioning
- Support content creation along with Communications Project Manager from a technical lead generation perspective (for example, research and provide SEO keywords; support SEO keyword distribution across content; follow the KPI of the articles; create Hubspot forms, create landing page, etc)
- Audit and improve external backlink strategy
MARKETING PLATFORM & AUTOMATION (Hubspot)
- Implement workflows within Hubspot to improve the conversion funnel
- Support the sales team in marketing email development and deployment
- Guarantee the quality and enrichment of the data in our CRM (make sure the data is clean)
- Support the integration between Salesforce, Hubspot and other business tools
- Be proactive and propose ways to maximize the use of Hubspot as part of our demand generation strategy
OUTBOUND & STRATEGY
- Manage SEA agency and initiatives (Google Adwords)
- Launch campaigns to test different channels (LinkedIn Ads, Retargeting, etc.)
- Along with the Head of Marketing and aligned with the company’s goals, define monthly lead objectives and create a strategy to reach it
- Report each month on the KPIs of the different acquisition channels and their conversion rate. Propose a strategy to optimize it.
- Participate in the improvement of reporting tools - Support the creation, management and improvement of existing dashboards to facilitate, clarify and automate all team reports
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree and 1+ years of related experience that demonstrates skillset.
- Previous marketing, communications or product marketing management experience in insurance, finance or consulting sector is highly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Native or bilingual proficiency of English required (spoken & written) – professional command of additional languages (e.g. German, Spanish, Italian, French, Chinese…) is valued.
- High level of digital literacy with the ability to learn new technology, product frameworks and processes quickly.
- Eye for quality, and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal);
- Proactivity and autonomy;
- Coachable and comfortable working in teams and autonomously;
- Eager work on data-driven products that are changing the insurance industry;
Interest in climate, science, and technology related issues;
- Results oriented, high energy, with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity;
- Strong desire to learn and commitment to the organization’s mission.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, trainings, company events, etc.);
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment;
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity;
- Benefit of a hybrid work mode.
HOW TO APPLY ?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don't hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities. Apply now