ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (250+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 12 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Descartes Underwriting is seeking a Marketing Intern to join our Marketing & Communications Team. The person in this role will be in close and collaboration with different business units, with the ability to learn and play a vital role in the following activities:
INBOUND & OUTBOUND MARKETING
- Support management of website back office, updating content and
publishing new pages
- Support content creation & distribution (for example, support SEO keyword distribution across content; create Hubspot forms to download white papers)
- Support content library management
- Contribute to research and content development for monthly articles and social media posts
MARKETING AUTOMATION & CONVERSION
- Guarantee the quality and enrichment of the data in our CRM
- Support the integration between Salesforce, Hubspot and other business tools for lead generation
- Support KPI tracking and implementation of workflows to improve the conversion funnel
- Manage incoming lead KPI dashboard and lead classification
- Support the sales team in marketing email creation and execution
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Current Master’s student or recent graduate in relevant field of studies
- Previous internship in marketing in insurance, finance or consulting sector is highly preferred.
- Bilingual proficiency of English required (spoken & written) – professional command of additional languages (e.g. German, Spanish, Italian, French, Chinese…) is valued.
- High level of digital literacy with the ability to learn new technology, product frameworks and processes quickly.
- Eye for quality, and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal);
- Proactivity and autonomy;
- Coachable and comfortable working in teams and autonomously;
- Eager work on data-driven products that are changing the insurance industry;
- Interest in climate, science, and technology related issues;
- Results oriented, high energy, with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-
- Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity;
- Strong desire to learn and commitment to the organization’s mission.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, trainings, company events, etc.);
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment;
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity;
- Benefit of a hybrid work mode.
HOW TO APPLY ?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don't hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.Apply now