Los Angeles, CA, US
Jellysmack is looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager to help lead revenue recognition and reporting workflows. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting.
What You Can Expect
- You will monitor and maintain Jellysmack’s technological tools and related payment platforms to ensure operational efficiency and accuracy in reporting
- You will help implement and maintain the internal control framework surrounding the platforms and tools used within the accounting department
- You will manage and ensure accurate and timely month end close tasks; work towards process improvements to eliminate inefficiencies and increase controls.
- You will work closely with cross functional departments as it pertains to their accounting requests
- You will build and expand controllership function and help transform processes, roles/responsibilities with stakeholders, and enhance controls
- You will develop an in-depth knowledge of tools and applications in support of the accounting function; lead projects that will cultivate efficiency through elimination, standardization, and automation
- You will manage and mentor the team responsible for end-to-end billing operations, revenue recognition under ASC 606, AR and collections
- You will enable growth by providing timely guidance to Sales teams on non-standard contracts, driving consensus among cross-functional teams
- You will challenge the status quo and lead projects to support process automation
A Little About You
- You have 6+ years of relevant accounting and / or operations experience and 2+ years of experience managing a small team
- You have A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA or equivalent strongly preferred
- You're a proven self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and sharp analytical and communication skills
- You have strong knowledge of accounting operations and revenue recognition under ASC 606
- You have hands-on experience with contract review and high degree of comfort navigating and reconciling large data sets across multiple sources
- It's a plus if you have experience with Salesforce and NetSuite
$100,300 - $130,400 a year
The estimated pay range for this role, based in any location in the US is $100,300 - $130,400. This role is also eligible for a 15% bonus and benefits.
The Team Culture
We're the ones who make sure the numbers add up, the budget is on track, and the profits keep rolling in. We take our work seriously, but we never forget to have fun along the way!
We know that staying on top of the financial side of things is key to our success. From analyzing data to forecasting future trends, we use our analytical skills to keep our company financially healthy. We're always looking for ways to maximize profits and optimize our investments, so we can keep making the awesome content that our audiences love.
But we're not just numbers people - we're also creative problem-solvers. We love to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions to complex financial challenges. We're not afraid to take risks and try new things, because we know that's how we'll continue to grow and succeed.
And when it comes to having fun, we're always down for a good time. From team-building events to happy hours, we know how to let loose and enjoy ourselves. After all, we're a team that works hard and plays hard! So if you want to be part of a team that's as fun as it is financially savvy, come join us at Jellysmack. We'll keep the numbers in line and the good times rolling!
A Bit About Us
Jellysmack is the global creator company that uses technology to turn the talented video creators of today into the digital icons of tomorrow. Jellysmack is a trusted growth partner that currently helps hundreds of top creators Go Bigger across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, and more. Our elite roster includes names like MrBeast, Bailey Sarian, Nas Daily, Brad Mondo, and Patrick Starrr.
Our powerful AI detects the most promising creators and helps skyrocket their social growth through multi-platform distribution, financial backing, and data-driven content production.
We're extraordinarily proud of the company we've built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized by FastCompany as the most innovative company in video in 2022, and by Forbes as one of the best place to work in the United States). Our people are Jellysmack's greatest competitive advantage, and we'll continue to invest in our "Jellysmackers" and our people-first culture.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion at Jellysmack, we believe that the best ideas come from the diverse cultures of our team members. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Creating a work culture that is safe and comfortable for our people to flourish is our main focus.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure?
We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!
More About Us
Have you heard? Jellysmack Just Won These Coveted Industry Awards