Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on, payment-building experience?
Do you want to have the opportunity to learn from payments experts and utilise your skills to help Modulr grow the business?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high-energy, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovate approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
We are looking for a Compliance Assurance and Advisory Manager to join our Second Line Risk and Compliance Function. They will help to manage our compliance risk, ensuring that our approach to assurance across UK and Europe continues to evolve to support the needs of our scaling business. In addition, they will provide advice and guidance on compliance matters for the UK regulated entity.
This role will report directly to the Head of Risk & Compliance for UK and the role-holder will have direct line management responsibility for a Compliance Assurance Analyst.
This varied role will suit someone who enjoys coaching and developing team members (15%); developing structured processes, methods and guidance (15%); providing compliance advice in response to ad hoc queries (20%) and undertaking hands-on compliance assurance activity (50%).
- Provide compliance advice and guidance to the wider business on the application and interpretation of rules and regulations applicable in the UK (PSRs, EMRs, MLRs, FCA Handbook, EBA Guidelines etc) to support a “compliance by design” ethos and make it easy for fist line team to understand what action they need to take.
- Develop, refine and embed the existing Modulr compliance assurance approach.
- Own the annual compliance assurance plan, taking a risk-based approach to determine the scope, priority, frequency and nature of assurance that will be undertaken, in collaboration with internal stakeholders including Internal Audit and first-line teams.
- Deliver against the compliance assurance plan – taking a proactive and inquisitive approach to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls and identify corrective actions.
- Communicate the results of compliance assurance through high quality evidence-based reports, identifying common themes and trends and providing insight to first line teams that is pragmatic, proportionate and able to withstand challenge.
- Ensure corrective actions and remediation actions are agreed and tracked through to resolution.
- Develop the targeted mapping of regulatory requirements, compliance evidence and internal/external assurance.
- Line manage the Compliance Assurance Analyst, including development planning, agreeing goals, conducting regular 121s, evaluating performance, coaching and skills transfer.
- Identify and implement improvements to the Modulr Policy Framework, working with policy owners to ensure policies are reviewed regularly, remain fit for purpose, and are embedded in BAU practices.
- Provide high quality, informative and timely management information to the Executive Leadership Team, Audit and Risk Committees and Boards to enable them to discharge their regulatory compliance responsibilities.
- Contribute to the wider Second Line Risk and Compliance Team activities as required, such as regulatory reporting; championing a strong risk and compliance culture; providing input to RFIs/RFPs and supporting team development.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will need to have worked in a similar role within a fast paced FS environment.
- It would be great if you have exposure to Payments and FinTech but not essential.
- Great engagement and influencing skills, recognising the importance of developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to deliver clear and concise messages with actionable insights.
- A strong background in analysing requirements, translating these into specific changes and co-ordinating their implementation across multiple contributors.
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), some might be in Edinburgh, London, or Amsterdam. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Enhanced Pension
- Flexible benefits - £1000 to spend on a variety of benefits for you to choose from which suit your lifestyle and needs
- Perkbox - enjoy freebies and discounts on many other products and services
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.Apply now