Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on, payment-building experience?
Do you want to have the opportunity to learn from payments experts and utilise your skills to help Modulr grow the business?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high-energy, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovate approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
We are looking for a Risk & Reporting Analyst to join our Second Line Risk and Compliance Function. They will contribute to ensuring effective risk management across Modulr’s UK and European entities, across all risk types: operational, information/IT security, prudential, financial crime, safeguarding and operational resilience.
This supporting role provides an opportunity to develop your risk management understanding under the direction of the Risk and Operational Resilience Manager. It can be based in either Edinburgh or Amsterdam.
Modulr has a strong team with extensive experience in payments, so you will have a chance to learn from some experts with a real passion for developing the business.
- Help to manage the day-to-day operation of our risk management processes, providing guidance and support to first line teams across the business, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Support first line teams in the identification, assessment, and treatment of risks.
- Analyse data from operational risk events and other sources to inform risk assessments, developing insight into trends and themes and recommendations for corrective actions.
- Undertake analysis, mapping and assessment to support operational resilience and business continuity activities.
- Monitor the completion of remedial actions and control improvements and escalate when needed.
- Champion a strong risk and compliance culture, influencing people across the business to ensure risk management and resilience by design.
- Provide high quality, informative and timely management information.
- Contribute to the wider Second Line Risk and Compliance Team activities as required, such as regulatory reporting; ad hoc analysis; input to RFIs/RFPs; and supporting team development.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will need to have worked in a similar role within a fast paced FS environment.
- It would be great if you have exposure to Payments and FinTech but not essential.
- Great engagement and influencing skills, recognising the importance of developing strong relationships with stakeholders to achieve results and having the confidence to challenge more senior members of staff in an appropriate way.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to deliver clear and concise messages.
- Structured and organised, and able to handle a fast-paced environment and competing priorities.
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), some might be in Edinburgh, London, or Amsterdam. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Enhanced Pension
- Flexible benefits - £1000 to spend on a variety of benefits for you to choose from which suit your lifestyle and needs
- Perkbox - enjoy freebies and discounts on many other products and services
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.Apply now