We are seeking a highly skilled Software Infrastructure Team Lead to oversee the development of ActiveFence’s software infrastructure. You will be responsible for building and leading a team of software engineers, as well as ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality software infrastructure solutions that meet our needs.
As the Software Infrastructure Team Lead you will provide technical leadership, and work with other R&D teams to design and implement efficient and scalable solutions for common and cross R&D requirements.
Join us for the journey as a part of our highly influential and rapidly growing team of highly skilled professionals!
- Build, lead and manage a team of software engineers responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the company's shared software infrastructure.
- Mentor and coach team members, providing them with guidance and support to help them grow professionally.
- Collaborate with other teams to understand their software infrastructure needs and ensure the team is delivering relevant solutions.
- Develop and implement processes and standards for software infrastructure development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Ensure that the team is following best practices in software engineering, including code reviews, testing, and documentation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project requirements and ensure that the team is delivering solutions on time and within budget.
- Continuously monitor the performance of the company's software infrastructure and identify areas for improvement.
- Introduce new tools, extend open-source projects, conduct POCs on new technologies, and incorporate them in the development flow.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- At least 5 years of practical experience of developing on large scale systems, preferably in Python and/or Typescript.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading teams of software engineers.
- Experience with microservices oriented architecture
- Have a track record of designing and building large-scale, public cloud based technologies (AWS an advantage)
- Significant experience with container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- A strong collaborator. You understand cross-functional strategies and involve key stakeholders in decision making.
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning - advantage
- Strong mentoring and leadership capabilities
- Strong understanding of software development principles, including Agile methodologies, DevOps, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for software engineering and a desire to lead a team of talented software engineers, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
ActiveFence is the leading tool stack for Trust & Safety teams, worldwide. By relying on ActiveFence’s end-to-end solution, Trust & Safety teams – of all sizes – can keep users safe from the widest spectrum of online harms, unwanted content, and malicious behavior, including child safety, disinformation, fraud, hate speech, terror, nudity, and more.
Using cutting-edge AI and a team of world-class subject-matter experts to continuously collect, analyze, and contextualize data, ActiveFence ensures that in an ever-changing world, customers are always two steps ahead of bad actors. As a result, Trust & Safety teams can be proactive and provide maximum protection to users across a multitude of abuse areas, in 70+ languages.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors such as CRV and Norwest, ActiveFence has raised $100M to date; employs 300 people worldwide, and has contributed to the online safety of billions of users across the globe.