We are looking for an experienced Senior Director Accounting & Corporate Controlling to lead the further professionalization of Camunda’s accounting & reporting, payroll & expense, tax, treasury and sales order functions.
Reporting line: The role reports to the CFO who is responsible for the Finance Department overall and reports to the CEO.
Teams: Accounting (4), Group Reporting, Treasury and Tax (2), Payroll Manager (1), Sales Order Management (1)
Other Divisions in the Finance department: Legal & Compliance, Financial Planning and Analysis, Business Operations.
Important to know: As a German head entity we are consolidating our financials under full IFRS and we use Netsuite as our main Accounting System.
- Lead a high performing team (attract, assess, onboard, enable, grow, and offboard talent) and develop it with empowerment and accountability.
- Establish and maintain healthy, effective partnerships between Accounting functions and other functions in the organization
- Establish compliant yet user-friendly policies, systems, workflows and controls to ensure scaling of the functions & appropriate governance for Camunda global entities and staff.
- Select and manage external service providers & advisors to support teams as needed
- Optimize our setup across international entities (incl. global tax structures) with a German GmbH head entity, and subsidiaries in US, UK and Singapore
- Set us up for success for potential corporate transactions, e.g. financing rounds, M&A, IPO etc.
- Substantial experience in managing an Accounting & Controlling function in an enterprise software business with proven experience leading or contributing to impactful organizational changes (e.g. IPO, M&A, high-growth)
- CPA and Big 4 Accounting experience highly preferred
- Extensive experience in building and managing high performing teams of managers and individual contributors in a remote, international setting.
- Empathy for the needs of your team and your stakeholders.
- An ability to work autonomously and take ownership of projects, working in iterations in day to day activities (many small steps, rather than few big steps).
- Ability to work with accounting software tools - experience with NetSuite preferred; experience with tools such as FloQast, Avalara, Chargebee, Stripe etc. a plus
- Excitement to work in a remote-first, highly transparent environment.
- Committed to our FAITH values as well as diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- Passion for great software products and willingness to use/try our product yourself.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Who Is Camunda?
Camunda enables organizations to orchestrate processes across people, systems, and devices to continuously overcome complexity and increase efficiency. With Camunda, business users and developers collaborate using BPMN to model end-to-end processes and run sophisticated automation with the speed, scale, and resilience required to stay competitive. Hundreds of enterprises such as Atlassian, ING, and Vodafone design, orchestrate, and improve business-critical processes with Camunda to accelerate digital transformation. To learn more visit camunda.com.
Annually recognized by Deloitte among top high-growth companies, Camunda operates as a global, remote-first organization.
What we have to offer:
- A remote-first culture that enables you to work remotely as much as you’d like to. We believe talent is global!
- A home office equipment budget and the choice of hardware. Mac, Windows, Linux, you choose what works best for you or/and you can work from a coworking space.
- We support our employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, so we offer and encourage flexible time off at Camunda. Use your flexible time for anything that helps you recharge your batteries or maintain your life outside of work.
- A clear mind is a healthy mind; we offer a headspace subscription and pay towards your fitness activities.
- Social interactions are important to us! Each year, Camunda hosts a company-wide get-together in new and exciting locations! In 2022, Camundi from all over the world gathered for our third Camunda Company Retreat in Pennsylvania, USA. Find out more about the annual retreat here
- Inclusive culture based on our FAITH values; quarterly performance reviews and employee engagement surveys to make sure you feel heard and valued.
- We understand that our employees contribute immeasurably to Camunda’s success: to allow employees to benefit from that success, every Camunda employee is offered virtual shares from our Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- More of what we offer globally & in your country can be found here.
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicans will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!Apply now