Payments Operations Analyst
- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on, payment-building experience?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high-energy, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe, to support our sales and new product teams to ensure we meet the needs of our clients
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovate approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
What you will do at Modulr
- Assist in the timely and accurate processing of client money transactions - Faster Payments, Direct Debits, BACS, CHAPS, SEPA, Direct Debits, Card transactions, FX and SWIFT
- Resolve any payment queries raised by our internal client support, compliance, fraud teams, other financial institutions, and the payment schemes.
- Resolving ad-hoc complex payment queries and incidents and work closely with other business teams and stakeholder to support our clients and solve problems.
- Identifying requirement daily treasury movements and completing these within strict timelines
- Be responsible for the timely processing of our transaction exception queues – included but not limited to unallocated, suspended, failed, and pending payments.
- Work with 3rd party payment providers to resolve queries within tight deadlines and in line with our regulatory/ payment scheme requirements.
- Monitor real-time payment/transaction processes, to identify trends, risks and/ or possible issues.
- Complete internal processes, keep process documentation updated, share best practice, and highlight improvements and efficiencies.
- Support the creation of internal and external reporting requirements and MI.
- Assist with the management and escalation of any internal policy breaches/ regulatory breaches, carry out remediation and define mitigating factors.
- Develop into a Payment operations subject matter expert.
- Support ad-hoc incident management where required, including monthly on-call out of hours support for incidents and payment queries.
- Reconcile customer funds and daily cash position within tight deadlines.
- Identifying, resolving, and escalating of a non-reconciled items in a timely manner as per our reconciliation policy
- Investigating and identifying root causes of non-reconciled items and driving forward resolution to reduce reoccurrence.
What we are looking for
You will be self-motivated, hardworking, and organised, you will be able to critically evaluate, and problem solve. You can move at pace to get things done always working within the definitions of the “Modulr Way” values. You will be efficient in multi-tasking, prioritising, managing your time effectively comes naturally. You will be tenacious, adaptable, resilient, positive and focused about innovation and teamworking.
Key skills and experience include:
- Ideally you will have previous experience in payments, reconciliations, or treasury within an operational environment.
- Knowledge and previous experience working with at least one of the UK payments schemes and/or international schemes.
- Awareness of financial regulations and breach identification and reporting
- Experience of investigating payment failures and exceptions
- Excellent Excel skills
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), some might be in Edinburgh, London, or Amsterdam. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Enhanced Pension
- Flexible benefits - £1000 to spend on a variety of benefits for you to choose from which suit your lifestyle and needs
- Perkbox - enjoy freebies and discounts on many other products and services
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.