- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on experience working in the embedded payments space?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to thrive in a vital Product Management role within Modulr and directly impact the growth and scale of the business?
We are looking to hire ambitious, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe. This is a new role at Modulr and will play a key part in scaling the sales organisation. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high-growth environment with a mandate to drive new processes within a fast-paced and collaborative culture where you will have access to the latest technologies.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovate approach allow our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as start-up and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
The Product Manager is a vital role within Modulr and will directly impact the growth and scale of the business. Depending on your background and project focus, you will need to be comfortable doing some of the following:
- Developing an understanding of the value proposition of the products you manage, their positioning in each of the verticals and how they solve their customers’ problems
- Creating technical designs and specifications for products working with both internal and external stakeholders to elicit requirements to ensure all regulatory, Scheme and operational standards are met
- Defining the product and technical roadmap for the engineering team, ensuring requirements are clearly articulated and communicated to your engineering stakeholders, and prioritise work that delivers value within each sprint
- Planning and initiating, ensuring a clear product development plan that aligns with any external and internal milestones
- Actively managing key supplier relationships
- Developing and launching the product, plus ensuring all implications on teams across the business are understood and actively managed ahead of go-live
- Creating and maintaining internal documentation and functional product collateral for use by internal stakeholders
- Responsible for regularly communicating updates on progress, ensuring any issues are pro-actively managed
- Actively monitoring the performance and scalability of your products against KPIs, ensuring issues are triaged and resolved in a timely manner, while also responding to changes in the market and client demands
- Working closely with the marketing team to ensure we successfully package the products to solve problems for our customers in their target verticals
This role is an excellent platform for experienced professionals to take their career to the next level and an opportunity unlikely to be found anywhere else.
The ideal candidate will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
- Several years of relevant experience as a Product Manager or similar
- A proven track record of delivery in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, able to demonstrate a strong ability to balance multiple priorities that may change frequently
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills, able to manage internal and external stakeholders at all level
- Be able to operate at a range of levels – both in terms of big picture strategic thinking, thought leadership and getting into the data and analysis
- We value diversity and are looking for someone who is comfortable with operating at pace and with some ambiguity within a scale-up environment
- We are looking for someone who has strong collaborative skills and enjoys working with different functions within the business
- We are seeking someone with excellent stakeholder management skills, who can operate at a range of levels – both in terms of big picture strategic thinking, thought leadership, and getting into the data and analysis
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team (s), with co-workers located in Edinburgh, London, Amsterdam or India. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Flexible benefits - £1000 to spend on a variety of benefits for you to choose from which suit your lifestyle and needs
- Perkbox - enjoy freebies and discounts on many other products and services
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme, called modstart, to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels, platforms and buddy allocation to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr
- Modulr All hands - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam
- Bike to work scheme
We believe that diversity is essential to our success and welcome individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join our team. If you share our values and enjoy working in a dynamic and exciting environment, we encourage you to explore our available positions and join us in shaping the future of Modulr.