Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on, payment-building experience?
Do you want to have the opportunity to learn from payments experts and utilise your skills to help Modulr grow the business?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high-energy, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovate approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as startup and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic, Frog and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
At Modulr we are focused on building autonomous squads that are focused on working in the best possible way. We operate in a tribes and squad model with each area focused on a particular growth area. Each squad is small and cross-functional. We have big ambitions and have many interesting challenges ahead.
Joining Modulr’s technical team, you’ll work in one of our delivery squads to deliver a best-in-class product. As an experienced QA, you’ll help us develop our automation test suite for our API and Web applications while being involved in manual and automated testing. Essentially, you’ll help us maintain the quality and performance of our platform as our transaction volume grows.
We are looking for someone that is technical and a problem solver who is also able to work and communicate within cross-functional squads to deliver high quality products in an agile environment.
- You’re passionate about technology and want to keep learning.
- You’re comfortable working in a scaling business, where time is critical, and things change on a regular basis.
- You enjoy positively questioning the way things are done and want to join a business that is focused on constantly improving.
- You enjoy sharing ideas about how technologies and tool sets can be used to create elegant solutions.
- You care about the quality and integrity of the outputs from your team and want to work with people who care.
- You can find the right balance of speed and accuracy when prioritising and take responsibility for seeing things through to a high standard.
The Ideal Candidate
- Expertise in both manual and automated testing techniques within a fast-paced agile environment is essential.
- Experience with Java or another object orientated language.
- Experience testing various APIs such as REST or SOAP.
- You will be experienced at creating and maintaining automation tests and contributing to automation framework in a collaborative environment.
- You will be knowledgeable about BDD tools such as Cucumber or SpecFlow.
- Knowledge of UK and/or Euro payment schemes are ideal but not essential.
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), some might be in Edinburgh, London, or Amsterdam. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Enhanced Pension
- Flexible benefits - £1000 to spend on a variety of benefits for you to choose from which suit your lifestyle and needs
- Perkbox - enjoy freebies and discounts on many other products and services
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels and platforms to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr.
- Modulr hands-on - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year.
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.Apply now