Hi, we’re Nexthink. We’re not just the leader in the digital employee experience category, we invented the category. Our solutions combine real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints to help IT teams delight people at work. Our cloud-native platform pinpoints issues and solutions, automates response, and helps companies continuously improve their employees’ experience, making them more productive, efficient, and happy at work. We have millions of endpoints deployed, we’ve surpassed $100M in ARR, and we’ve recently secured $180M in Series D financing for a company valuation of $1.1B, but we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer who wants to build data-driven alerting and anomaly detection capabilities for Nexthink, one of Switzerland's most exciting and fastest-growing companies.
You will join the hybrid "Alerts team" composed of brilliant engineers located in Lausanne and Madrid.
As a Software Engineer, you will design, build and deliver large-scale resilient and scalable distributed alerting systems that process billions of events per second by using modern cloud-native features and techniques.
What You'll Do
- You will work with some of the most exciting new technologies, allowing you to build truly distributed cloud-native applications using a modern open-source technology stack and deploy it to multiple regions across the globe
- You will play a central role in developing the next-generation alerting systems by designing and implementing anomaly detection algorithms
- You will design and build system components that can ingest, query, and process real-time streams of data
- You will have end-to-end responsibility for feature development and work closely with designers, product managers, and other engineering teams
- You will care greatly about the quality, readability, maintainability, and performance of the code delivered
- Spark off co-workers who will challenge your thinking and help you to achieve your full potential
- BSc/BEng or Masters in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Expertise in core Java (8+) and Stream API
- You have experience building platforms and services at scale
- You possess strong skills in system design and architecture with a keen eye for the progressive evolution of software solutions
- You are experienced with distributed systems, including how to debug them and how they can fail
- Passion for data and implementing/improving anomaly detection algorithms
- Ability to convey complex ideas to non-technical people
- Pragmatic, team player, strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Nice to have
- Java frameworks knowledge (Micronaut, Quarkus, Spring)
- Experience with containers and container orchestrators (Kubernetes and Service Mesh (such as Istio), including K8S CRDs and operators)
- Expertise working with distributed data (Apache Kafka, Spark)
- Familiarity with data-driven practices & approaches - Realtime Streaming, Messaging, Event-Driven Architectures, CQRS
- Strong skills related to GitOps, CI/CD, IaC
- Good understanding of cloud-native patterns
We are 900+ employees strong in 21 countries across 8 different time zones speaking 60+ languages. We are positive, we get things done, we keep growing, and we are one team, we are Nexthink. We believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.