We’re a London-based tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology. To do this, we’re crafting intuitive, seamlessly connected products that improve our lives without getting in the way. We think tech needs a change. In a world where products all look the same, we don’t want to just make the same thing as everyone else. What we want is to create iconic products that we’re proud to share with family and friends. And that means we have to do things differently. This is the spirit that drives and sustains everything we do.
In two years, we’ve grown from an idea to a 420+ people-strong global team with offices in four regions and have sold over 1.4 million products…
“In a short amount of time, Nothing has captured some of Apple’s cultural Magic.” - Forbes
“Nothing is the most hyped tech company in years” - GQ
“Nothing has brought a breath of fresh air.” - Hypebeast
“The most exciting startup in consumer tech” - Input
Last summer we released Phone (1), our debut smartphone and the centre of our hugely ambitious consumer tech ecosystem. Launch week saw us trending on UK Twitter, clocking up YouTube views in the millions and securing press coverage in thousands of leading titles. We ended 2022 with the release of our third product: Ear (stick). 2023 brings the latest addition to our audio range that's crafted with artistry, passion and innovation. Say hello to Ear (2), mighty little things.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and solution-oriented Community Assistant who is eager to build a career in tech. The Community Assistant will help grow and nurture the Nothing community. The successful candidate will support the Community Team to shape and implement the vision and the strategy of Nothing’s community.
The Nothing community plays a crucial role in lessening the distance between us and our users. Getting them to support us in making better products, online advocacy for our brand, and growing our business. The community also assists us with getting insights to guide product development from experts. Creating buzz for us online, helping us spread the word to more people. It helps boost consideration by spreading positive experiences they’ve had with the product, and by inviting their friends to participate in building and expanding our community footprint.
The Community Assistant should be familiar with the tech space and youth culture. Working closely with our wider brand and creative team, you’ll play a key role in creating and defining truly unique experiences for our increasingly engaged, ever growing audience.
- First point of contact for community members and engage with them on various channels
- Dream up inspiring on and off line initiatives that will shape our community culture and facilitate activity amongst members to grow a loyal and engaged base
- Be a champion for Community within the business and build relationships with stakeholders
- Build meaningful relationships with community members
- Ensure community rules and guidelines are properly respected and adhered to
- Maintain the communication flows between the Nothing teams and our community
- Coordinate, execute and follow up on specific initiatives and program in partnership with the Community Manager
- Monitor community performance and actively suggest ways to improve
- Analyse competitors behaviour and leading communities in other sectors
- Participate in building a long term attractive community attracting audiences across multiple cultures
- Together with members in the creative team, develop content assets (including ideation, creative development and production)
- Stay up to date with trends and consumer behaviour
- The ideal candidate can navigate seamlessly between the disciplines of event marketing, product management, and community management
- Passion for bringing online communities together and engaging with them
- Strong knowledge of Discord and corresponding behaviours
- Time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must, multilingual abilities is a plus
- Detail oriented
- Organised with attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to generate and present ideas
- A strong bias-to-action and used to getting things done in short timeframe
- Creative thinker that can bring in innovative ideas
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with changing environments as well as multiple overlapping projects
- Strong interest in consumer technology
- Enjoy the hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Knowledge and interest in the emerging trends within the intersection of design and youth cultures
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.