GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
The Traveler Platform Native Apps team is on a mission to enable teams to build incredible cross-platform Traveler native apps experiences through a stable and scalable platform.
They are responsible for core parts of our marketplace app such as:
- App Architecture
- App Performance
- Server Driven UI
- Design system engineering
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
We are looking for a motivated Engineering Manager to join us in Berlin to help manage not only people topics but drive technical as well as product direction.
- Work on strategic allocation of our Native Apps platform investments and make sure they translate into a consistent team roadmap
- Contribute to the mid and long-term vision of our Native Apps platform, defining key investment areas and opportunities
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as the Native Apps Guild and mission teams with end customer exposure.
- Be responsible for all hiring and performance management topics on the Engineering side, helping your engineers reach their full potential!
Who you are:
- You have experience working in a team responsible for platform/horizontal topics
- You have strong hands-on experience as an App engineer (iOS or Android)
- You have a strong sense of ownership, ensuring that technical and project plans are aligned with your stakeholders & team members for delivery!
- Enjoy approaching complex topics with an open mind and eye for simplicity.
- Have a passion for people, supporting and coaching your engineers!
- Not only care about technical topics but are passionate about the customers and apply that judgment to your own roadmap.
- Motivated to work in an international cross-functional environment.
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Create a comfortable workspace at home with an annual home office budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below.
We are an equal-opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life on our blog. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]. Apply now