We are looking for an Engineering Manager to guide people, drive technical decisions with customer impact in the domain of pricing and availability as part of the Catalog team.
GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
The team is on a mission to empower all consumers of activity and location information with the best possible data. They are responsible for core parts of our marketplace such as:
- Activity onboarding, changes and translations
- Tour categories, activity tags and location tree data
- And many more!
In short they manage the classification and definition of what drives our business.
We are looking for a motivated Engineering Manager to join us in Berlin to help manage not only people topics but drive technical as well as product direction.
Up for the challenge? Join us!
- Be responsible for all hiring and performance management topics on the Engineering side helping you engineers reach their full potential!
- Partner closely with your Product Manager to manage the roadmap and portfolio allocation to drive impactful projects.
- Keep a close eye on system health ensuring the systems and services can scale with the increased traffic now and in the near future.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the broader business on initiatives.
- Work closely with domain experts in Zurich to build the team in Berlin.
Who you are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership ensuring that technical and project plans are aligned with your stakeholders & team members for delivery!
- Enjoy approaching complex topics with an open mind and eye for simplicity.
- Have a passion for people, supporting and coaching your engineers without going into micro management mode.
- Not only care about technical topics but are passionate about the customers and apply that judgment to your own roadmap.
- Motivated to work in an international cross functional environment.
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Create a comfortable workspace at home with an annual home office budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below.
We are an equal-opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out our blog. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].