We are looking for a Data Science Manager to guide people, drive technical decisions with customer impact in the domain of inventory selection, optimisation and pricing.
This team is part of the wider Data Products group and will be focused on the Supply side of our marketplace.
You will directly manage Data Scientists and MLOps Engineers and own the domain of inventory selection and optimization, in collaboration with Product Managers and Business Partners in the group.
You will be responsible for team and people topics, technical deliveries and roadmap definition of projects. This role reports to the Director of Data Products.
We divide engineering leadership responsibility into the following areas:
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLOs
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitment
- Prior experience managing a data science team
- Passionate about business results and people not just technical excellence
- Strong background in machine learning and software engineering
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Prior experience on the supply side of an ecommerce marketplace
- Prior experience in a scale-up environment
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- An English-speaking office with people from 75+ nationalities
- Relocation assistance with a great team to help you with your move to Berlin
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards and extra discount
- Private Pension Scheme
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at
GetYourGuide, check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn trips into amazing experiences, or dive directly into some code that we released as open source.