GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
We are a cross-functional team of Product Designers, Content Designers, and UX Researchers that are passionate about solving customer problems in an effective and delightful way. We combine empathy, our craft, and creativity to create valuable, usable, and delightful product experiences. Our work is guided by strong principles that make our experience focus on value and feel simple, trustworthy, human, and unique. We collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Data to ensure those principles are front and center in the features we develop.
- You will direct a team of UX Managers, Product Designers, and Content Designers in designing, iterating, and building world-class user experiences across GYG web sites, apps, and other relevant touchpoints.
- You will lead your team through the development and consolidation of a strategic, user-centered perspective on your product areas, advocating for the user needs with other functional roles in a collaborative way.
- You will contribute to evangelize GYG’s design vision, mission, and strategy ensuring that your teams apply it in their daily tactical efforts, rallying them around it.
- You will be a primary force in building a strong design culture and improving design and product development processes in the GYG’s UX team and in the company as a whole.
- You will lead and oversee the exploration of design challenges throughout the GYG’s consumer experience with a variety of methodologies and approaches, guiding your teams through the problem space towards innovative, usable solutions that are consistent with the company’s business goals.
- You will collaborate with UX researchers in defining research priorities in your product areas and in adjacent domains, from evaluative testing to generative studies.
- You will ensure your teams apply actionable user insights from data and qualitative research to inform their designs and UX decisions.
- You will oversee, and potentially lead, the development and application of Compass, the GYG design system, in your product areas to drive consistency throughout the consumer experience.
- You will organize and lead design and product reviews providing constructive feedback and supporting your teams’ and peers’ decision making and quality of work.
- You will guide your team in the definition and development of best practices aiming at ensuring outstanding quality in GYG’s products.
- You will directly mentor and develop UX Managers, Product and Content Designers in your teams by helping them grow their hard and soft skills.
- You will drive recruitment efforts for new UX Managers, Product and Content Designers in your areas by leading and participating in the hiring process.
- You will be in charge of communication with your stakeholders, including the GYG Executive team, leaders of other functional areas and adjacent domains to facilitate alignment and create a shared understanding.
- You will regularly present and collaborate with executives on product strategy as well as large initiatives in your product areas.
- You will be an essential partner to the Directors of Product Management in your areas throughout the definition of the product strategy and its translation in actionable roadmaps.
- You will be responsible, alongside the leaders of other functional areas, for the quality in the final implementation of the consumer experience on GYG’s products.
- You will be responsible, alongside the leaders of other functional areas, for the achievement of OKRs and KPIs targets in your product areas.
Who you are
- Minimum 10+ years experience with leading and managing a UX team in a start-up, SMB, large company with a digital offering, or in a design consulting agency
- A world-class portfolio of large scale, award winning digital products where you directed a medium size design team throughout all phases of development
- An outstanding problem-solving mindset, focusing on outcomes and not output, and applying qualitative and quantitative methods to validate hypothesis
- A deep understanding of how UX design and research impact a business’ KPIs and a proven track record in achieving positive business results
- A proven track-record in leading large design projects that demonstrate a human-centered approach in solving complex interaction challenges
- Examples that demonstrate a refined ability to direct visual and motion design, including branding for products, design systems, and animations and transitions
- A deep understanding of UX writing and its impact on user experiences as well as business objectives and KPIs
- In-depth familiarity with designing for multiple platforms, including Web, iOS, and Android, with approaches and methodologies such as responsive design and mobile-first
- Superlative presentation and communication skills, from presenting design concepts and final designs, to articulating the decision rationale behind them, to building a product vision
- Complete ownership of and autonomy in managing your own workstream and the workstream of multiple teams of UX managers, Product and Content Designers
- Extensive experience working in cross-functional product development teams, including Product Managers and Engineers.
- A history of strong communication and collaboration with other functional roles is essential
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Create a comfortable workspace at home with an annual home office budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below. Check out how we hire for tips and visibility into our process and check out life at GetYourGuide. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].
We are an equal-opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.