As a Webint Analyst (Misinformation, Germany) at ActiveFence, you use your internet-fluency, online resourcefulness, broad areas of interest, writing proficiency, investigative mindset, and hacker-like thinking to find rapidly emerging online narratives, social unrest, and misinformation across the globe, with a focus on Germany.
You are a proficient writer and are comfortable with a fast pace and technical environment. You are an expert in Germany's information ecosystems, politics, extremism, misinformation, and emerging trends. You will be the go-to person on everything to do with German politics and you will share your knowledge with cross-company teams through presentations and reports. When necessary, you will be able to write intelligence briefs concerning other regions globally. You like to work on several topics simultaneously and learn new things. Fast.
You will be analyzing and monitoring harmful activities online while getting to their sources and distribution methods. You'll be writing, editing, and reviewing intelligence briefs, and doing research into new sources and trends. You will be the first to know about emerging political figures, narratives, and groups.
- Analyzing and monitoring online activity in Germany and providing meaningful insights.
- Researching online platforms to discover new sources and important events
- Monitoring third party websites, forums, messaging app channels and more to uncover malicious activities.
- Writing intelligence briefs
Skills and qualifications:
- OSINT experience
- Intelligence background - an advantage
- Journalism background - an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English and German
- Other languages - an advantage
- Capable of dealing with harsh content at times
- Expert in geopolitics and in German politics/extremism/culture.
ActiveFence is the leading tool stack for Trust & Safety teams, worldwide. By relying on ActiveFence’s end-to-end solution, Trust & Safety teams – of all sizes – can keep users safe from the widest spectrum of online harms, unwanted content, and malicious behavior, including child safety, disinformation, fraud, hate speech, terror, nudity, and more.
Using cutting-edge AI and a team of world-class subject-matter experts to continuously collect, analyze, and contextualize data, ActiveFence ensures that in an ever-changing world, customers are always two steps ahead of bad actors. As a result, Trust & Safety teams can be proactive and provide maximum protection to users across a multitude of abuse areas, in 70+ languages.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors such as CRV and Norwest, ActiveFence has raised $100M to date; employs 300 people worldwide, and has contributed to the online safety of billions of users across the globe.