We are looking for an Engineering Manager, Business Intelligence to guide people, drive technical decisions and help develop our data.
GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 80 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 700 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 17 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
The Data Platform team plays the central role in our data-driven strategy, designing and developing our data ecosystem, data process processes and analytics capabilities. We work on problems such as product events tracking, AB experiments framework and large-scale applied machine learning. The team is also responsible for making the vast amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query, so we are empowered to make the best data-driven decisions. We work with a wide variety of tools and technologies, from Spark to Looker, making this team a great place to learn new skills.
You will assume line management of engineers who own:
- Relationship with Product, Marketing & Finance teams to understand customer problems, and develop data & reporting solutions to solve them
- Marketing Attribution system which is using top notch technologies and methodologies and managing investment decisions of 100M+ EUR per year
- A/B Experimentation Reporting Platform which is self serving our Product & Marketing departments and is being used to analyze hundreds of experiments
- Data discoverability and quality technologies and processes, to increase trust in data and operational efficiency
- Marketing & Marketplace reporting, metrics, data models and pipelines management
The purpose of the team is to Empower the Marketplace & Product departments at GetYourGuide to make data-driven decisions through A/B Experimentation and Attribution platforms.
This role reports to the Senior Engineering Manager, Data Platform and is primarily measured according to the performance of their team. We divide responsibility into the following areas:
- Business Impact: Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals
- Team Health: Team members are engaged and complement each other in autonomously achieving common goals
- Productivity: MVP mindset, continuous improvement to the team's ways of working
- Systems Health: Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLOs
- Stakeholder Happiness: Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments
Who you are
- 3-5 years of direct people management in data teams
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision-making
- Passionate about people and business results
- Experience with technical excellence (operations, on-call, quality)
- Data Engineering or Data Analytics experience comparable to a Senior Engineer with Python SQL Reporting stack
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Experience with Product & Marketing Analytics, AB Experimentation and Marketing Attribution
- Statistical background is a plus
- Experience with large scale data processing using Apache Spark & Airflow
How we set you up for success
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Create a comfortable workspace at home with an annual home office budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below. Check out how we hire for tips and visibility into our process and check out life at GetYourGuide. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.