London, GB, Onsite/Remote
Dealing with death is hard, and here at Farewill we are on a mission to change that. We use technology to seamlessly connect beautifully designed online experiences with world-class human support that makes every death a simple, affordable, brighter goodbye. We started in December 2016 when we launched our online wills business. Since then we’ve launched our probate and funeral businesses, raised £700m+ in pledged income for Charities, built a team of 70 Farewillians, and raised capital from some brilliant investors. We’ve won a tonne of awards and have through-the-roof NPS & Trustpilot scores.
We’re looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to help drive the growth of our charity partnerships team. You will directly manage one of our Business Development Managers. This role will report to our Head of Partnerships and be partially based in our Haggerston office (1-2 days per week).
Our Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for winning new business, as the face of Farewill in the wider legacy market. One of the ways you’ll approach this is through robust pipeline building, developing new and nurturing existing relationships in the sector. Another way you’ll do this is by attending and speaking at industry events and building credibility in the sector.
Finally, you’ll be playing a key role in the social impact of Farewill. We’re on our way to hitting the £1bn mark in gifts in wills this year, supporting thousands of charities and causes, as well as helping thousands of people plan better for their deaths.
- Delivering our new business charity revenue stream
- Building a pipeline of new opportunities and nurturing existing opportunities
- Take ownership of the full sales cycle from generating leads, demonstrating our product, negotiation and closing
- Manage our Commercial Business Development Manager who looks after our commercial partnerships
In the interview we’re looking for evidence of:
- You have at least 5 years experience in business development, and ideally 2+ as a people manager
- A growth mindset - you’re ambitious and see opportunity everywhere, and can prioritise and execute on those opportunities
- Strong sales acumen - you come up with creative commercial solutions to problems, and you act as a commercial coach to everyone on the team
- Brilliant communicator and can speak to any audience about any topic
- £53-£65K + 20% performance bonus
- Generous stock options
- Cyclescheme and Santander cycles membership
- 28 days annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Personal development budget of up to 3 days and £1000 per year
- Quarterly team socials
- Flexible working - you can choose when you start and end your day, and which days you come into the office