We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager, to join our PMO team as we provide leadership over complex customer projects delivering cutting-edge machine learning technology.
This is an opportunity to work with a team that takes pride in providing exceptional customer experience when delivering solutions which have a real business impact. We deliver a range of projects sizes to customers across the finance industry worldwide.
The PMO team are a collaborative and supportive team of leaders, continually looking for ways to enhance the company and proactively get involved in solving problems. This is an opportunity to use your skills and experience to help us make real change which improves the way we work, ultimately having a positive impact for Featurespace, our people and our customers.
This role can be based remotely across the US ideally within EST or CST time zones, with our main office based in Atlanta. There will be occasional travel required to the office and client sites as you build strong trusting relationships, keep our customers delighted with our service ultimately to lead to deployment and go-live of our ARIC Risk Hub.
Day to Day
In this role you will help us achieve our goals and deliver success on behalf of our customers by leading an expert team in delighting the customer throughout the lifetime of their engagement with delivery. Achieving strong project outcomes through effective project governance, driving team and customer collaboration to provide and exceptional customer experience, with realised benefits to both Featurespace and the customer.
You will work directly with a core project team to build the right solution for our customers.
Some of the responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager include:
- Application of effective Project Management of multiple medium to large implementation projects concurrently for Featurespace customers, ensuring all project objectives are met through delivery of the project as per the customer Contract and Statement of Work (SoW)
- Provide solid project governance including planning, risk and issue management, budget management, communications, scope and owning contracts and commercials
- Delight the customer by building trusting relationships, maintain open and honest regular communication, delivering on promises and performing outstanding stakeholder management
- Lead the project team by setting vision, communicating effectively, providing mentorship and coaching and fostering development opportunities for team members
- Proactively contribute to the PMO team and Featurespace organisation bringing in your own skills and experience to solve problems, improve processes and develop ideas
- Occasionally flex into a Programme Management role for some of our larger accounts as is required
- Utilise existing skills, expertise and initiative to enhance the PMO function and mentor/coach members of the PMO and wider delivery teams
- A strong track record of successful projects and delighting customers for a range of project types and sizes
- Extensive experience of software delivery / systems integration projects to external customers through contract; delivering to a Statement of Work and managing change through a Change Request process.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and prioritise appropriately
- Good knowledge of PMI, Prince 2 and Agile required in order to both deliver, and flex to customers’ internal approaches
- Strong proficiency with project management software such as Microsoft Project, as well as other collaborative tools such as SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite and Slack
- Be a proven leader, both in a project team as well as the PMO, using own initiative to solve problems and is highly proactive in their approach to their teams and customers
- Ability to communicate well internally and with customers, adapting fluidly to different audiences – ranging from highly technical personnel to non-technical business owners; and from SMEs to C-Suite
- Proven track record of learning technical skills quickly and understanding systems and a moderate level to be able to effectively communicate and troubleshoot with project teams and customers
- Extensive customer-facing experience, and able to build relationships which focus on building trust and delighting our customers
- Experience working in a vendor relationship, understanding nuances in project management between that and the customer’s internal project management
- Solid business acumen and understanding of a company’s financial practices and how projects impact/interact with these
- Knowledge of some Programme Management methodology and ability to apply to delivery. E.g. MSP
Great to haves
- Some experience of Programme management ideal
- Previous experience working in the Finance/Fraud industry and a base understanding of core industry knowledge preferred
- Some project management qualification or accreditation preferred. E.g. PMP, Prince 2 or APMP
Here at Featurespace we are committed to being a place of equality, inclusion and respect to provide a safe environment for you to bring your authentic self to work. We know that we gain as much strength from our differences as we do our similarities. We value diversity and are dedicated to listening and learning from each other to build and maintain a positive and productive culture. We appreciate this will be an ever-evolving focus for the business to ensure everyone feels supported and has a sense of belonging.