Job Role: Fabric and Trim Admin Assistant
Reporting to: Fabric and Trims Developer
Location: Head Office, White City Place, London
Contract type: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Workplace Type: On-site
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing modern luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with seven London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
Sample Fabric and Trim
- Emailing mills for sampling availability, MOQ’S, prices and lead-times.
- Enter and maintain accurate fabric information in the fabric development spreadsheet.
- Assist with placing fabric sample orders for after sketch & swatch meeting. Ensure orders are emailed to suppliers with correct information, requiring excellent attention to detail.
- Liaise with designers to ensure sampling is in appropriate colour for proto samples, either using available sampling or ordering in line with critical path special colours where needed.
- Check stock of sample fabrics after final Intake meeting, and order any additional meters required for factory fit samples.
Sourcing and development
- Assist with fabric supplier meetings, schedule appointments in diary, attend mill meetings and support with cutting fabric swatches.
- Support with tracking special developments of both fabric and trims.
- Action lap dip forms at sketch and swatch and after intake meetings where necessary.
- Send out development packs and keep reference on file.
- Assist with collating fabric base test reports from the fabric mills for all new fabrics, save on system and pass to fabric manager for approval.
- Requesting sustainable fibre information from the mills and keep a log on the fabric sample tracker to be shared with Buying team.
- Keep department tidy, price up swatches where applicable and file in relevant archive drawers.
- Attend weekly tracking meetings with buying team to share information and ensure fabric and trim deliveries meet key critical path dates.
- Create monthly fabric folders and file selected sample fabrics by month and mill.
- Add invoices to fabric tracker and pass to fabric developer for approval.
- Assist with department DHL’s & post, opening and sending.
- Be proactive and have strong organisational skills.
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of tasks
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a Garment Buying office, a garment supplier or fabric agent/ mill is preferred
- Proficient in Excel
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off and Sample Sales
- Generous Friends and Family Discount
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assisted Program (EAP) offering annual health checks, financial wellbeing support and physical and mental wellbeing services
- Length of Service Awards
- Employee referral incentive
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid Training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer Day
- Tech scheme with Curry's PC world
- Annual Eye Care Voucher for a free eye test and money off glasses frames with Specsavers
- Real Living Wage Employer
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package after 2 years of service
We are an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Minorites, LGBTQ+ candidates and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When uploading your CV, please do not include any symbols in the name, otherwise the system will not accept your application.
Please email [email protected] should you require any adjustments needed to take part in this recruitment process
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage.Apply now