- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on experience working in the embedded payments space?
- Do you want the opportunity to write for the fastest-growing payments business in the UK & Europe?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire ambitious, and value-adding talent to join Modulr, the fastest growing payments business in the UK and Europe. This is a new role at Modulr and will play a key part in scaling the sales organisation. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high-growth environment with a mandate to drive new processes within a fast-paced and collaborative culture where you will have access to the latest technologies.
At Modulr our mission is to move money efficiently to power business productivity. We are building a new digital payments service to make money flow more efficiently through businesses and the economy. This is a new type of payments account that is built for businesses that need faster, easier and more reliable ways to move money.
Our flexible platform and innovate approach allows our customers to utilise our payments account instead of a traditional bank account. Our accounts come with a sort code and account number, access to payment systems (eg Faster Payments and Visa) and everything our customers need from a payments account. They can instantly open as many accounts as they need, automate how they make and receive payments as well as the reconciliation processes these create. All in real time, 24/7 through their own systems utilising our API that integrates into any platform.
Our founding team has a wealth of experience in the payments industry and growing successful businesses. Modulr is backed by payments giants PayPal Ventures and FIS Ventures, as well as start-up and scale up specialists Blenheim Chalcot, General Atlantic and Highland Europe which enables us to leverage their resources and expertise to drive our growth initiatives. These partnerships provide us with the necessary provisions to propel our business to new heights.
- Building the extraordinary and going that extra mile
- Owning the opportunity, be passionate and proud of the time you invest
- Move at pace, reach your goals faster with us supporting you each step of the way
- Achieve it together, working as a team and being Modulite
The Accounting and Payroll Copywriter is a vital role as we collectively work to establish Modulr as the embedded payments leader. The successful candidate will play a major role in helping the Head of Content to execute and maintain the overall content strategy for Modulr.
- Providing copywriting support across our target sectors in accounting and payroll
- Working to generate copy and content for accounting and payroll vertical and brand level campaigns
You’ll need to be comfortable doing the following:
- Producing highly engaging content with a technical brand narrative and financial services focus. This will include, but won’t be limited to, blogs, thought leadership, eBooks, guides, webpages, and email campaigns
- Owning the production cycle, working closely with the vertical marketing, performance marketing, and product marketing teams to ensure written content is linked coherently to campaign messages, is engaging, in line with brand guidelines, and produced on time and to a high standard
- Researching and analysing financial services topics and trends, working to develop content that speaks to the target audience
- Editing and proofreading copy to ensure it meets the highest quality editorial standards
A key member of the content team, the Accounting and Payroll Copywriter will work alongside our Financial Services Copywriter, our Multi-Sector & Corporate Copywriter, and our Graphic Designers. The role will report into the Head of Content who coordinates the production of content across the wider marketing team.
- We are seeking a candidate with a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or a related field, who can bring a unique perspective to our team.
- We are looking for someone several years of experience creating B2B copy and content for a technology, SaaS, Fintech, payments, or financial services company, who can help us reach a diverse audience.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of financial services and fintech industry trends and terminology, products, flows, and concepts, and can offer a fresh perspective to our team.
- We are seeking someone with strong research and analytical skills, who can analyse financial data to create accurate and informative content.
- The successful candidate will have strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
- We value collaboration and are looking for someone who is comfortable working collaboratively with a team and receiving feedback.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- We value diversity and are looking for someone who is comfortable with operating at pace and with some ambiguity within a scale-up environment.
- We encourage applications from candidates with familiarity with SEO best practices and how to incorporate them into copy.
- We are seeking someone with an understanding and appreciation of compliance that affects marketing for a regulated company, who can help us maintain our reputation and integrity.
- Experience using Hubspot, Asana, and other digital tools is a plus, and we encourage candidates from diverse technological backgrounds to apply.
As the marketing manager, you will be comfortable doing the following:
- Developing and executing marketing strategies that drive growth, promote our brand, create demand, and generate leads across multiple sectors, particularly travel, across the UK and Europe
- Creating and delivering demand generation strategies that promote our brand and offering to prospective customers across their buying journey
- Designing and launching effective lead generation campaigns that drive impact to revenue KPIs across the marketing and sales funnel within your vertical
- Co-ordinating with our content and performance marketing teams to ensure timely execution of your marketing campaigns and enhance future campaigns
- Collaborating with product marketing to develop and deliver vertical propositions and messaging that support go-to-market activations, product launches, and campaigns
- Ensuring measurement and analysis of marketing campaigns and their impact on the business, including ROMI, CAC, conversion, and so on
- Identifying and targeting key industry events to drive commercial outcomes and setting up related marketing activities in collaboration with our events manager and the Sales team
- Owning the marketing budget for your vertical and driving return on marketing investment for all your campaigns and activity
- Managing and/or briefing media or third-party agencies and suppliers to ensure delivery of marketing activities
- Establishing and/ or maintaining links with external membership bodies, trade bodies and similar external third parties
What can Modulr offer you
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), with co-workers located in Edinburgh, London, Amsterdam or India. We are friendly and sociable, challenging but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow. Our culture and values are putting you first and are about investing in your future.
- Share Options Incentive Scheme
- Company Bonus - the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Flexible benefits - £1000 to spend on a variety of benefits for you to choose from which suit your lifestyle and needs
- Perkbox - enjoy freebies and discounts on many other products and services
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + your birthday off - choose which days you take off to relax and/or spend time with loved ones
- Learning Opportunities – on joining Modulr you will embark on our 3-day onboarding programme, called modstart, to be equipped with the Modulr know-how and arm you with the tools you need to be successful from day 1! But, we don’t want your learning to stop there so we will continue to provide you with the tools and capabilities through our learning channels, platforms and buddy allocation to allow you to grow and develop in Modulr
- Modulr All hands - join your colleagues for our company wide events throughout the year
- Great workspace - Modulr thrives on innovation which is best done through in-person collaboration. This approach enables us to work together closely, exchange ideas, and create innovative solutions that drive our success. We have state of the art offices located in WeWork in Edinburgh, ScaleSpace in London, and WeWork in Amsterdam
- Bike to work scheme
We believe that diversity is essential to our success and welcome individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join our team. If you share our values and enjoy working in a dynamic and exciting environment, we encourage you to explore our available positions and join us in shaping the future of Modulr.Apply now