Modulr is a fintech scale-up that’s breaking new ground within the business payments sector – which moves $130trn annually. And businesses are no longer tolerating the slow, inefficient and costly infrastructure provided by legacy institutions. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first services to enable modern business to eliminate historic hidden inefficiencies and build fast-to-market products on top of our award-winning payments platform.
About the Role
The first line Risk & Compliance function executes processes to mitigate risks to Modulr as they relate to Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing, Fraud, Sanctions and other Financial Crime risks (such as Anti-bribery & Corruption). This particular role will be focussed on the onboarding of new clients which will involve CDD checks, AML and adverse media screening, ownership structure reviews, risk assessments, policy reviews and occasional compliance audits with clients.
As we’re a small team, this is a hands-on role; you’ll need to be comfortable getting into the detail and be happy to suggest improvements.
Day to day tasks include:
- Client Risk Assessments
- Customer Due Diligence (including Simplified and Enhanced Due Diligence)
- Performing Partner Audits (Internal and External)
- Stakeholder Engagement (Internal and External)
- Screening for Politically Exposed Persons and Sanctioned Individuals
- Reviewing Policies and Procedures and recommending amendments or changes to these documents in line with Modulr compliance requirements
- You’re passionate about protecting the business, whilst also supporting rapid growth.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever’s required to achieve the goals of the compliance team and wider business.
- You have experience with onboarding businesses operating in multiple sectors
- You will have experience in reading and understanding company policies and procedures
- You will be comfortable with guiding partners and offering amendments to policies and procedures
- You’re excited about the prospect of taking ownership of compliance processes, whilst ensuring that they evolve so that the compliance programme continues to be aligned to the business’s growth plans.
- You’re structured and organised, able to handle the competing pressures of immediate compliance tasks and investigations alongside longer term projects.
- You’re comfortable working in an early stage business, where time is critical, and things change frequently.
- You’re analytical and can assess risks and define appropriate controls based on these, communicating the links, effectiveness and any potential gaps clearly to others.
- You have an inquisitive mind and proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- You enjoy self-leading and working independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and sharing your ideas about how we can improve.
- You’ve a strong interest in FinTech and financial crime.
Skills and experience we’re interested in;
- You should have a general understanding of the regulatory landscape Modulr operates in.
- Experience migrating manual processes to automated processes, whilst ensuring the correct risk parameters are applied. Defining these processes, setting out the optimal way to achieve goals and embedding tools and procedures to achieve them.
- Responsibility for undertaking day to day compliance tasks and prioritising these accordingly.
- Developing and maintaining compliance policies & processes.
- Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of measures, controls and procedures put in place to ensure compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Relevant qualifications and professional certifications.
- Share incentive, choose how you invest into our share scheme
- Company Bonus, the more successful we are together, the more company bonus we offer
- Flexible benefits, from a variety of benefits choose which suit your lifestyle and needs
- 34 days holiday, choose which days you take off to relax or spend time with loved ones
- Birthday and well-being days off, because we care about you
- Learning Opportunities, enhance your career through our learning channels and platforms
- Modulr hands-on, join your colleagues for our company wide events
Life at Modulr
You’ll be part of a cross disciplinary team(s), some might be in Edinburgh, London, Dublin or Amsterdam. We are a challenging organisation but rewarding. We want you to push yourself and for us to support you in your future as we scale up and grow, we want you to be with us along the journey if you believe in it. Our culture and values are putting you first.
We believe that by seeing Modulr, and the world, from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all. We want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your identity, age, ability, and background — are things that we will always celebrate and support with open arms.Apply now