Hi, we’re Nexthink. We’re not just the leader in the digital employee experience category, we invented the category. Our solutions combine real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints to help IT teams delight people at work. Our cloud-native platform pinpoints issues and solutions, automates response, and helps companies continuously improve their employees’ experience, making them more productive, efficient, and happy at work. We have millions of endpoints deployed, we’ve surpassed $190M in ARR, and we’ve recently secured $180M in Series D financing for a company valuation of $1.1B, but we’re just getting started.
Are you an architect with powerful SaaS architecture experience? Do microservices, Kubernetes, Istio, Kafka, event streaming, and time series databases appeal to you? Then continue reading. You are at the right place!
We are looking for a Software Architect to join our Architecture team. You will play a vital role in evolving our next-generation Nexthink SaaS Platform. You will work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to drive the design and evolution of our big data and cloud-native architecture.
You will coach and mentor other architects and engineers and, with the rest of the Architecture team, manage the needs of multiple groups and stakeholders to provide the best platform design and overall architecture for the product. You will work on its design, help to prototype it, and set up the principles, guidelines, and governance to ensure our teams can deliver this new architecture. In more detail, this will imply:
Define and maintain the overall product architecture with the Architecture team and Tech Leads.
• Given the architecture strategy related to our big data, analytics, and cloud-native product vision, work on the concrete architecture design and, when necessary, prototype it
• Help define principles and guidelines, ensuring our engineering teams follow them
• Help the product team by defining non-functional requirements
• Maintain the technology stack and related roadmap, validating technological choices through prototypes
Setup proper architecture documentation and governance:
• Help with communication of the architecture updates and decisions
• Manage and resolve different needs between the global architecture direction and teams/business needs
• Provide architecture coaching and mentoring with the engineering teams’ tech leads
• Ensure that it fits the engineering teams’ agile development practices
Support the product ownership of the technical platform team:
• Gather requirements from Engineering Managers and Product Managers and transform them into User Stories so the platform team can adapt and/or evolve the architecture accordingly
• Work closely with the Engineering Managers and other Product Managers to understand their needs and incorporate them into the roadmap
• Excellent track record in designing highly scalable big data/event-streaming/cloud architectures and experience with having put them in production
• Proven experience (10+ years) in software architecture and design
• Experience with multi-tenant SaaS application design using technologies in the public cloud (AWS preferred). Deep experience in several of these technologies: Kubernetes, Kafka, Relational and Columnar databases such as Clickhouse,
• Adept at managing cross-functional stakeholder relationships, with the ability to easily translate complex requirements into readable and understandable User Stories for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. Experience working under pressure and delivering to tight deadlines
• Master’s in Computer Science (we are open to self-made Architects as well)
• Very strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
• Proficient English communications
We are 900+ employees strong in 21 countries across 8 different time zones speaking 60+ languages. We are positive, we get things done, we keep growing, and we are one team, we are Nexthink. We believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.