Paris, FR, Onsite/Remote
Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
In order to build a strong foundation for Contentsquare’s Finance function, we are recruiting a senior profile of VP Finance and Corporate Controller to drive the transformation of the Finance Operations organization into a scalable best-in-class platform to support sustainably Contentsquare’s ambitious growth plans, including the preparation for a public market offering in the US in the next two years. The VP Finance and Corporate Controller will take responsibility for the Company’s external financial reporting, global accounting operations and group Treasury function.
The VP Finance and Corporate Controller will be a strategic leader and a critical pillar of the Finance leadership team, as well as a strategic business partner to the Group CFO. You will build, lead, motivate and run the Finance Operations organization (team of approximately 35 people initially) and collaborate and partner with the other core members of the CFO leadership team (VP FP&A, VP Internal Control & Risk Management, VP Corporate Finance & Investors Relations)
What you'll do
- Build a best-in-class Finance Operations platform (organization, processes and systems) to support the company’s bold growth plans and be a critical contributor to the Company’s IPO readiness program.
- Take accountability for the timely and accurate preparation of the group financial statements and for meeting all applicable financial and tax reporting obligations.
- Lead and manage all accounting functions, including, at a minimum, global accounting and financial shared services, corporate accounting policies and consolidation.
You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring the effective compliance with applicable GAAP accounting regulation, local applicable regulations for tax and financial reporting.
- Maintaining an adequate and effective internal control structure and environment for all processes under your responsibility to ensure ongoing compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act, in collaboration with the VP Internal Control & Risk management and his team as well as external auditors.
- Ensuring a high and consistent quality of service provided to all internal customers of the global shared services center and the corporate functions under your responsibility and being accountable for internal customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining relationships with external auditors and managing the quarterly and annual external audit process.
- Acting as a key proactive partner of the CFO as well as a key influencer and great teammate within the CFO leadership team.
- Collaborating and partnering with the other core members of the CFO leadership team (VP FP&A, VP Internal Control & Risk Management, VP Corporate Finance & Investors Relations).
- Nurturing a culture of technical accounting excellence, strong service orientation, commitment and agility.
- Also taking responsibility for the group treasury function and overseeing the group tax reporting.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- The ideal candidate’s professional experience will include knowledge of demanding environments requiring a strong finance and business sense.
- Minimum of 15 years’ international experience and possess the potential to grow within the company. Ideally, the candidate should come from an environment recognized for shared services and process excellence.
- The ideal candidate should possess a career track record of development, coming from one of the big 4 accounting firms where you have had exposure to U.S. public company auditing, SEC documentation preparation and filing and be familiar with SEC requirements whilst at the firm and then followed this experience by being currently employed at a listed technology firm performing the role of a Corporate Controller or Head of Finance at group level with Accounting, External reporting and Tax under their responsibilities.
- You have evolved in an international environment, showing a capacity to adapt and an open approach.
- You demonstrate a charismatic, open, energizing and collaborative leadership style, both as a manager towards your teams and in your interactions with the top management of the Company.
- You have a vision for building the strong, sustainable finance operations platform required to support the company’s ambitious growth plans.
- You have a solid experience and enthusiasm for implementing, and working with, best-in-class ERP systems.
- You have a mindset of excellence and continuous improvement to design, scale, adapt and modify processes and organization.
- You are willing to ensure the accuracy and quality of the financial information (the knowledge of US GAAP and SOX environments being a must).
- You are passionate about providing an effective service to your peers and to other business stakeholders within the Group. In terms of experience, you have been directly involved in a listed company and ideally, you have previously worked for a U.S. listed company.
- CPA (US and/or French) qualification would be highly desirable
Why you should join Contentsquare:
▪️ We’re humans first. We hire dedicated people and provide them with the trust, resources and flexibility to get the job done.
▪️ We invest in our people through career development, mentorship, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits.
▪️ We are a fast growing company with a track record of success over the past 10 years, yet we operate with the agility of a startup. That means a huge chance to create an immediate and lasting impact.
▪️ Our clients, partners and investors love our industry-leading product.
To keep our employees happy and engaged, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are a few we want to highlight:
▪️ Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and various opportunities to interact with your team and global colleagues both on and offsite each year.
▪️ Work flexibility: hybrid and remote work policies.
▪️ Generous paid time-off policy (every location is different).
▪️ Immediate eligibility for birthing and non-birthing parental leave.
▪️ Wellbeing allowance.
▪️ Home Office Allowance.
▪️ A Culture Crew in every country to coordinate regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours.
▪️ Every full-time employee receives stock options, allowing them to share in the company’s success.
▪️ We offer many benefits in various countries -- ask your recruiter for more information.
Uniqueness is embedded in our DNA as one of our core values. Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements above, we encourage you to apply.
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your personal data is used by Contentsquare for recruitment purposes only. Read our Job Candidate Privacy Notice to find out more about data protection at Contentsquare and your rights.Apply now