London, GB, Onsite/Remote
Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
About the role:
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and sales-driven Legal Counsel in Contentsquare’s UK office. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel for UK, Northern Europe, Middle East and APAC in the Commercial team, you will be a legal partner to the Sales and Customer Success team, in addition to building out the legal function’s templates and processes.
What you'll do
- Draft and negotiate all forms of contracts, including but not limited to SaaS Agreements, Partner Agreements, NDAs, Data Protection and Vendor Agreements.
- There is a particular focus on technology agreements, such as licensing, software and services, as well as a multitude of associated types of arrangements, in
- Act as a trusted legal advisor, understanding how to balance risks and provide sound advice to the management and support business functions. We work closely with numerous teams within the company, in particular the sales function but also as legal advisers
- Be a general problem solver - we are very much 50% business people and 50% legal people in our team. As a start up / scaleup experiencing extreme growth, we believe in a scalable way, so in addition to the day to day work, we try to improve and streamline our processes.
- Help develop and implement standard templates, forms and processes.
- Provide training to the sales and to the operational teams from the different departments on processes, compliance and new legislation.
- Advise different teams across the company on mitigating legal risks.
- Handle other project-based work within the scope of the legal department’s responsibilities on an as-needed basis.
- A range of “ad hoc” matters – we deal with all sorts of questions daily
What you'll need
- A UK qualified lawyer with approximately 2 to 4 years PQE with commercial / corporate experience providing legal advice and negotiating agreements, either from a law firm or commercial environment (although this is just a guide).
- If from a law firm, some exposure to clients via secondments would be a plus, but not crucial
- Experience with drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial contracts within a SaaS ecosystem
- We are looking for business-minded individuals who are able to provide sound legal advice but also understand that we also need to be commercially-focused advisers to the business.
- Have great interpersonal relationship skills
- Exposure to both enterprise and middle market would be ideal.
- Some experience with IP law is a plus.
- Experience working directly with clients/customers and internal sales teams.
- You love working in a fast paced, business-oriented environment typical of high-growth companies with a sense of energy and "getting things done"
- You are familiar with data protection / privacy law (particularly GDPR), and preferably with commercial agreements relating to this (e.g. data processing agreements and other associated data protection agreements).
Why you should join Contentsquare:
▪️ We’re humans first. We hire dedicated people and provide them with the trust, resources and flexibility to get the job done.
▪️ We invest in our people through career development, mentorship, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits.
▪️ We are a fast growing company with a track record of success over the past 10 years, yet we operate with the agility of a startup. That means a huge chance to create an immediate and lasting impact.
▪️ Our clients, partners and investors love our industry-leading product.
To keep our employees happy and engaged, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are a few we want to highlight:
▪️ Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and various opportunities to interact with your team and global colleagues both on and offsite each year.
▪️ Work flexibility: hybrid and remote work policies.
▪️ Generous paid time-off policy (every location is different).
▪️ Immediate eligibility for birthing and non-birthing parental leave.
▪️ Wellbeing allowance.
▪️ Home Office Allowance.
▪️ A Culture Crew in every country to coordinate regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours.
▪️ Every full-time employee receives stock options, allowing them to share in the company’s success.
▪️ We offer many benefits in various countries -- ask your recruiter for more information.
Uniqueness is embedded in our DNA as one of our core values. Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements above, we encourage you to apply.
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your personal data is used by Contentsquare for recruitment purposes only. Read our Job Candidate Privacy Notice to find out more about data protection at Contentsquare and your rights.Apply now