GetYourGuide is revolutionising the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how people discover and book things to do in their destination. A key part of this revolution is the imagery we produce to engage our global customer base with the incredible experiences they can do wherever they travel. We are looking for freelance photographers with a sense of adventure to work with us to capture the experience of the activities we offer, putting themselves literally in the customer’s shoes and helping us tell the story of these experiences through images.
Our photographers are strategically based around the world and travel short distances from where they are based to fulfil assignments photographing the experience of activities offered on our platform. Assignments are paid based on the duration of the activity (anything from 1-hour tours which start from 150 Euros to full-day excursion assignments), and we buy a set number of the photos dependent on the duration of the assignment. All entrance fees are covered and a travel stipend is provided for our photographers per assignment as needed. We ask that you be fluent in English and a properly registered freelancer in your country of residence.
- Experience working in a documentary style of photography to capture events
- Comfortable giving some direction to real customers who will be part of the activities you’re photographing
- Able to take direction and follow a brief
- Minimum equipment requirements:
- Newer full-frame mirrorless or DSLR camera (able to handle low-light situations if necessary)
- Sharp glass ranging between 20mm-80mm (primes or zoom both accepted) under f/4
- Lightroom or Capture One
- Regular flow of assignments in your area
- Punctual monthly payments
- Personal support: You’ll have a dedicated point of contact who will support you with setting you up with assignments through to the final delivery of photos
- Friends and family discount: All our freelance photographers receive a 20% discount on GetYourGuide bookings you make outside of your shoot assignments (which are fully covered)
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply below with your portfolio and a short introduction to yourself. If shortlisted, you will be invited to complete a trial activity shoot (which we will buy the photos from you if the shoot is successful). We regret that, due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not possible for us to provide individual feedback. We look forward to receiving your application.
N.B. We regret that we can only consider applications received via our website. Therefore, if you are reading this application on LinkedIn, please apply via our careers page: careers.getyourguide.com
3 reasons to join GetYourGuide
You will work with the best. At GetYourGuide, you will work with colleagues from over 75+ nationalities and diverse career paths; people who have been founders, engineers, writers, artists, and more. You will lead with strong values. Our values are at the core of how we make decisions, nurture our culture, grow as teams and individuals, and strengthen our mission. You will enjoy the experience. We are always prioritizing initiatives that help elevate our employees’ work experience.