Deputy Accounting Manager
We are one of the fastest-growing podcast and audiobook platforms in Europe, and we are now looking for a Deputy Accounting Manager. Come and join us on our journey to enrich lives through listening.
This is the role
In the role of Deputy Accounting Manager, you’ll work closely with and report to Martin Dalskov, our Senior Manager of Accounting. You’ll be responsible for providing comprehensive guidance and hands-on execution within the full accounting area by applying company policies and procedures to the current economic landscape.
We are currently working on exciting projects within the automation of the accounting flow and reporting and professionalizing our accounting and finance processes, so now is a great time to join us.
The role is based out of our HQ in Copenhagen, and you’ll be part of a growing Finance team of 8 talented accountants/controllers and finance professionals.
Your main responsibilities in this role:
- Maintain internal safeguards for revenue and costs recognition, as well as team and organizational budgets, and actual expenditures
- Establish (in coordination with the Senior Manager of Accounting) financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a biweekly, monthly, and annual basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures, adhering to national and local legal standards while remaining knowledgeable of proposed legislation
- Develop and enforce internal controls and guidelines to maximize the protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development
- Oversee and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- Help develop and support short- and long-term operational strategies and OKRs
- Become the backup manager for the accounting department, being able to replace our Senior Manager of Accounting when he is out of the office
This is you
You’ll thrive in this role if you are an organized team player with the ability to work independently and take ownership of your projects and tasks, while also collaborating with other team members to achieve team and company goals. You possess strong attention to detail and the ability to adhere to deadlines and maintain a high level of structure in your work. You’ll be part of a fast-paced environment where you get the opportunity to really impact the ways of working in our finance function going forward.
Furthermore, we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in finance, accounting, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience as a senior-level accounting or finance professional, maybe even some experience as a team lead of a small accounting team
- Profound experience and knowledge of balance sheet reconciliations and the methodology behind
- Experience working with consolidations of financial statements
- Basic knowledge of VAT and payroll processes
- Basic understanding of ERP systems and setup within
- Great communication skills in English - both verbally and written - as you will be working and interacting with both your team members as well as colleagues across the organization in Podimo.
Naturally, being passionate and knowledgeable about podcasts, audio content, media, and entertainment is a big plus!
These are the benefits
- Up to six months of fully paid parental leave for all new parents - no matter how you identify or where in the world you live
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) for all employees
- Free online therapy sessions
- Delicious lunch with great colleagues.
- Learning and personal development opportunities to help you thrive and enrich your skills in a fast-paced creator economy
- Opportunity to work flexible hours and remote
- The chance to make an impact at an international company and see your work pay off immediately
This is us
Founded in Copenhagen in 2019, Podimo is a platform for podcast and audiobook lovers as well as audio content creators. Our app puts a world of podcasts and audiobooks at your fingertips. Our revenue-sharing model rewards creators for making content that people want to hear – whether they have an established following or a niche audience.
We're a courageous and curious bunch. We recognize the value every individual brings and respect our coworkers’ ideas, opinions, and time. We approach our work with integrity and humility and believe that we are better together. We have zero time for brilliant jerks.
We’re fiercely passionate about discovering, creating, and obsessing over great stories. We support our creators deeply and have massive respect for their process as we help them bring their most exciting ideas and stories to life. We love what we do, but more importantly, we have a good time doing it.
We seek to build a company and culture that mirrors the diversity of the world we’re living in. This means; diversity of talent, voices, ideas, and thoughts. That goes both for our brand, our content, our creators, and our teams.
You are welcome at Podimo for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what stories you have playing in your headphones.Apply now