Who we're looking for:
Zwift seeks an experienced QA Automation Engineer for our mobile products to join our team. As part of our QA Team, you will be responsible for ensuring automated testing of Zwift’s shared cloud services, and the integration and connection of services into our game, web, and family of software products. Help influence and acquire the methods, practices, and tools we’ll use to drive how we test into the future.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro, and London.
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people, even in your remote work setting. Although there are amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Different perspectives are important, they allow us to continually grow and evolve - One Zwift for All!
Did we mention that we encourage you to workout while you work from home? Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including headspace, unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
What you’ll do:
- Design, plan, write, maintain and execute automated tests - including functional, system integration, regression, performance, and RESTful api testing, using tools such as Appium, TestCafe and Postman.
- Review and document specification, collaborating with developers to build Test Cases
- Craft detailed, reproducible, and concise bug reports in Jira
- Help design, refine, and distribute QA reports and feedback to development, product managers, customer support, and senior management
- Foster strong, communicative team spirit supporting our globally distributed development, server, backend, and web teams
What we're looking for:
- A deep understanding of the QA process, practice, with uncompromising attention to detail. A commitment to quality as demonstrated through past experiences with manual and automated testing frontend, API and databases
- Strong experience with Test Automation and Test Case Management (TestCafe or Postman, Swagger, Locust, Jmeter, Cucumber, Selenium)
- Experience working with Appium
- Experience with establishing cross-functional, collaborative relationships with various business and technology teams and exceptional, demonstrable written and verbal communication skills,
- Agile development experience with the capability in working with kanban and structured environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and Interest in creating fun experiences around cycling, running, and overall fitness
- Passion for cycling, running, and/or fitness industries
- Experience testing mobile applications on iOS and Android devices
- Experience with Java
Of course we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All