Contentsquare is a fast-growing startup founded in 2012 with the mission to improve digital experiences across the board. To do this, we developed an innovative SaaS solution that helps businesses understand how people are behaving on their digital platforms and how they can optimize the customer journey.
We love having a close relationship with our customers such as Walmart, Tiffany & Co, l’Occitane, Kering, L’Oréal, and more.
Since 2012 we have had 150% YOY growth and raised $190M in May 2020 to accelerate our international expansion with one goal: to become the leading Digital Experience Insights platform thanks to the infinite possibilities of AI.
With offices in Paris, London, New York, Munich, Tel Aviv and expanding throughout North America and Asia, we have a great international team with tons of career opportunities, a unique environment with strong values, a fun atmosphere, a very exciting vision and culture!
ContentSquare's Data Collection group is looking for a talented Software Engineer! The core responsibility of our Web Collection team is to gather all the relevant browser data of a user journey on a website in real time, and to provide analytical metrics based on that data. This critical data is the foundation of our innovative technology.
As a third party application residing in a complex and dynamic environment of our customers (the largest digital companies in France, US and UK) we must maintain the minimum footprint possible and are constantly looking for ways to improve performance, security and efficiency.
Our web collector is executed over 100 million times daily on a large number of browsers and devices, so compatibility and stability is mission critical for us.
Technology wise, our web collector is developed in TypeScript with as few dependencies as possible. Our unit tests are launched on every browser we support and our codebase has 90+% test coverage at all times.
We are building our own progressive rollout flow, so that we can progressively and safely rollout our code to clients.
We pride ourselves with automation. Whether it's building, shipping, testing or validating we automate basically anything we can get our hands on.
Our codebase and processes baked in our CI can guarantee that when Jenkins shows green it really is green.
This means that our product owners can ship by themselves on a Thursday afternoon and can have the confidence to do so. If all of the above sounds like something you believe in and would like to be part of, if you are an enthusiastic developer excited by writing clean code and is also a great team player, we want you!
What you will do:
- Participate in all phases of development lifecycle, from inception to deployment and monitoring.
- Diagnose intricately complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution.
- Write regression free code, with unit tests and documentation.
- Implement code design, execute project requirements and estimate the scope of work.
- Work in an Agile SCRUM environment and have a TDD mindset.
What you must have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in web development.
- Fluent in English.
Skills and experience we prefer:
- Significant development experience in Typescript.
- Significant experience in server side languages (NodeJS, Java, Scala, .NET, Python, Ruby).
- Knowledge in software engineering best practices and writing disciplined code (automated testing, code reviews, writing maintainable code, etc...).
- Strong knowledge of web standards and protocols.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Delivery.
- Ability to prototype quickly and implement ideas from conception to production-grade code.